Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Title: Furiosa

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: George Miller

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Burke, Angus Sampson, Nathan Jones

Release: 2024-05-22

Plot: The origin story of renegade warrior Furiosa before she teamed up with Mad Max in ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’.
Nothing came up searching for this in The Movie Database.

"George Miller told Deadline about Furiosa having a deep backstory in the Mad Max universe, and now we’ll finally get to see it: Warner Bros. is in advanced development with Furiosa, a spinoff feature of Miller’s multi-Oscar winning blockbuster Mad Max: Fury Road about the renegade character (played in that film by Oscar winner Charlize Theron) who was a notable force in Max’s survival in the desert.

The standalone movie will reveal the origins of Furiosa and be played by Glass actress Anya Taylor-Joy in the title role. The movie will track the genesis of Furiosa before she teamed up with Max Rockatansky in Fury Road. Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will also star in a movie that Miller will also direct, co-write and produce with his longtime Oscar-nominated producing partner Doug Mitchell. Miller’s own Australian-based Kennedy Miller Mitchell banner will produce."

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
They’ve been talking about this for years. Doubt it will happen.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well now they actually have casting, so probably more likely now than before.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well now they actually have casting, so probably more likely now than before.
Doubt it but we’ll see. Anything from Miller will be great I’m sure. Fury Road was my favorite film that year.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Surprised they cast Chris Hemsworth. He's box office poison for anything other than Thor.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
IMO, if Theron was coming back to do this film, it might get interest. No Theron likely means it will come in short of expectations.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This had better also be a DOOF WARRIOR origin-story.

Could Hemsworth be playing the young Immortan? Fury Road is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but of course I'll see this opening day.

And I will always give George Miller the benefit of the doubt, as the man's track record over 40 years is pretty darn solid. The Furiosa-character has always intrigued me, and fact this was not greenlit mere days after the debut of Fury Road suggests Miller was going to take time -- once again -- to actually get the story right before approaching Warners for a greenlight. If this is the tale that he's locked onto and he wants to tell, I'm all in.

IMO, if Theron was coming back to do this film, it might get interest. No Theron likely means it will come in short of expectations.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Theron show up in at least a cameo-capacity of some sort. She's too iconic in the role at this point to leave out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I wouldn't be surprised to see Theron show up in at least a cameo-capacity of some sort. She's too iconic in the role at this point to leave out.
Like a cameo at the end of the film in a scene that jumps ahead to the time period of Fury Road.

Furiosa in this film is supposed to be in her 20's, so Miller decided to recast. Reports are he thought about using Theron and using de-aging technology, but decided against it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Given recent trends in movie titles, they'll probably just call it Mad Max.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks