What's new

Funny story about my bird. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
My bird is an Amazon bluefront named Sam. He was wild caught, which my family and I didn't know till we took him to the vets. So, I had to take him to the vet to have his beak and nails trimmed, which I have a hard time getting him to do at home. I had some blood work and other tests done to see if he was healthy, because birds don't show their illness till the point of almost dying usually. Found out he had a liver problem and bacterial infection. I was told the liver problem was caused by too many peanuts and sunflower seeds, which the people my mom and stepfather got him from said was ok to feed him. Stopped feeding him them for the most part. Don't know where the bacterial infection came from. So I start him on some medication, which I had to give him with orange juice through a dropper. Do that for a couple weeks. I then call the vets for a followup appointment.

Now for the funny part. I go to the appointment with him. I'm sitting there talking to my mom with Sam on my shoulder being quiet. A person with their dog comes out of one of the rooms, and a person with their 2 dogs comes in with the dogs barking. Now with Sam living with dogs for 15 years, starts barking too. He also whistles at them and yells "Come over here!" All 3 dogs look over and start barking at Sam and trying to get to him. The owners looked a little annoyed, but the staff, my mom, and I got a laugh out of it.

When I'm or one of my family are on the phone, people on the other end often mistake Sam for a dog. Same with people who visit. Sam is fine now

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's a good story :) Years ago, my sister had a parakeet, and the cat would sit, staring at it, meowing. But sometimes, we'd hear the meowing, and the cat was nowhere to be found. After a while, we realized the bird had learned to mimic the cat!
And then there's the time my father resurrected a goldfish...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks