What's new

Funny Face 50th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have seen the new DVD, and it's a HUGE improvement from the last issue of the film. Fans of the movie will definitely want to double dip. The extras aren't much, but the new transfer is truly beautiful.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot

Sounds great! :) I very seldom buy titles I already have, but I am glad I pre-ordered this one!!!

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
A few months ago HDMN was running a very nice print of this title in HD that left my old DVD in the dust. I imagine this new DVD is from that HD transfer. I also imagine the HD DVD will be coming in a couple of years.

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Just picked this up at Costco in a Hepburn slimcase set with Breakfast at Tiffany's/Sabrina/Roman Holiday/Funny Face/Paris When it Sizzles for $23.99.

Jon Lidolt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Lidolt
I just picked up my new DVD of Funny Face yesterday, and it beat my expectations. This new version captures the look of the film that I remember seeing in the theatres. It was a beautiful movie then, and it's a beautiful movie once again. It appears that Paramount has finally figured out how to transfer their VistaVision films correctly - it sure took them a long time to do it.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Wow...those screencaps don't even BEGIN to illustrate the huge differences between these transfers. I watched it last night and it was like seeing a whole new movie. The details of the Parisian locales during "Bonjour Paree!" are worth the cost of the disc alone. Not to mention the eye popping colors!

Really really worth the upgrade (as was TO CATCH A THIEF.) Now if they would only re-master WHITE CHRISTMAS the same way I would be one happy boy.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor

WHITE CHRISTMAS makes a FORTUNE for Paramount every year. It is a CASH COW. I'd be shocked if a new WHITE CHRISTMAS wasn't available within the next year or two.

I saw FUNNY FACE on HDNET MOVIES last year (must be the same transfer) and it looked wonderful.

I hope that both films will eventually get the HD DVD treatment from Paramount...

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
WHITE CHRISTMAS looked dreadful on its initial DVD release, which for then was a new transfer and anamorphic! The Laserdisc from a decade earlier looked SO much better.

I'm no fan of that film at all, but I do have that widescreen Laserdisc that looks so gorgeous (yet is obviously lacking in sharpness, color stability, detail, etc.). I'll probably back screen captures to compare it to the DVD releases once the new DVD has been released - and if my local library obtains it for rent. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks