What's new

Funny experience with X-Men 1.5 Daredevil coupon today! (1 Viewer)

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Had to pass this on to the group: I picked up the X-Men 1.5 DVD this week, and today I used the enclosed coupon to go see the opening of Daredevil for free. As it turns out, it was more than free! The matinee price was $5.75, and when I presented the coupon, the cashier mumbled something to herself about it being a $12 coupon, and she gave me $6.25 in change! Now that's a good deal on a DVD, and a movie ticket! :emoji_thumbsup:

If anyone else in the area wants to try it at the same theater, it was the Loews Theater at the Loop in Methuen, MA. Good luck! :D

- Bob P.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
How do you edit the $&#*@ title of a thread?! I hate typos. For what it's worth, the title should say "Daredevil", of course.....

It's the little things.....

- Bob

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I can only imagine the look on the Manager's face when they reconcile her cash drawer. :D

Dom P.

Stunt Coordinator
I bet you just had a dumb cashier, I doubt that is the intent of the coupon.

I'm sure it's good "up to" $12 :laugh:

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
yeah...not to ruin the fun or anything...but being $6.25 off on her cash register will surely get her in trouble...she wouldn't be fired...but she would get a warning...

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Agreed with Ron...she could get axed for a drawer discrepancy that size, I've seen it happen. This is not so much a "Bargain" as a "Theft Opportunity", anyways.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I call 'em as I see 'em.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Just curious....Why didn't you give the money back or call attention to her mistake?
To be honest, I probably would have taken the $6.25, bought some popcorn and not have had a second thought about it. I would have questioned it, but assumed that they knew what they were doing.

Cameron

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
yeah...not to ruin the fun or anything...but being $6.25 off on her cash register will surely get her in trouble...she wouldn't be fired...but she would get a warning...
I was actually assuming she may have done this for more than one coupon. If she got more than a couple, and treated all the same way, she could be way off at the end of the night.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Ron,

I never actually said one way or the other whether I called attention to the mistake, just that it happened. As for the rest of the story, well, I guess it will remain a mystery, left to our own assumptions about basic human nature to guess what the most likely outcome was.....

htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

- Bob

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I don't know what the coupon looks like since I didn't get one in my X1.5 DVD :angry: But isn't the coupon just movie cash? Or does it specifically say for Daredevil or X2? If it is moview cash, how would the cashier know the difference if one were to order movie cash from the web and paid face value or if they got the coupon free.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
She may get chewed out, but she won't get fired. The manager can write on the movie cash/check that they gave $12 for it. This happened to me when my wife and son and I went to see Santa Clause 2 using a similar ticket, the cashier gave us $12 off the total even though the adult tickets were only $7.25

Chris

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Bob:

Glass houses right? I'm not here to judge anyone, so if you took it that way, I'm sorry...not intended. As far as myself. Whether it's an obvious misprice at a store or calling a attention to a mistake by a cashier, bottomline (IMHO) is what is my integrity worth to me? That's how I make my decision. I'm not saying that's how other's should view it...but, that's the way it works for me (and my son, if I'm doing my job correctly).

Ron

Camm

Grip
When I bought the LOTR EE with the free ticket I used it and the guy behind the counter wrote $15.00 on the coupon and it was only $7.50 to get in. Now I think they where the ones taking advantage..

John Bryant

Second Unit
Yup, the theaters will charge you as much as possible, even during a matinee showing. If they send in an $8.50 ticket, and they only charged you $5.50 for it, they come out ahead.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I agree. When I bought two tickets for Two Towers, I only had one coupon, and when I looked at my tickets, one said "$8.75" and the other one said "$9.50.

Jim

Bruce_S

Second Unit
Oh man, I wish my cashier was that dumb. I would've taken the money and give it back with the purchase of the overprice popcorn and drinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks