What's new

Funniest *unscripted* or *live* TV moments in history? (1 Viewer)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Now that you mention it, I remember a few years ago, Jon Lovitz and Jamie Lee Curtis were presenting an award at a comedy award show. Jamie's blabing away, and Jon is slackfacedly staring at her breasts. Then he just reaches out, and cups one. She looks shocked, and he turns to the microphone and says 'I couldn't resist.' Then he turns back to Jamie, and she grabs his crotch. And he jumps a good two feet back! She turns to the microphone, and says, perfect deadpan, 'I couldn't resist.' The camera then picked out her father in the audience, and he's laughing himself sick.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Steve, Ike, and Dave,
Wanna share the details? I thought that was the purpose of this thread ;)
[edit] Nevermind, missed Steve's first post. D'oh!

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
WABC news (circa 1973)---Tex Antoine (Uncle Weatherbee) saying "They could see if you would just get the cake the fuck out of the way!" into an open mike at the end of his anniversary show

NY Yankees game (circa 1965 or so)---Pitcher Steve Hamilton (a big tobacco chewer) turning around on the mound & puking his guts out on camera.

Also (around 1977 or so)----Lou Piniella in a between the games of a double-header, when asked how the team was doing, said:"Well, the guys are just going to have to get their shit together"---well put, Lou!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
A friend of mine had several videotapes of vintage SNL, and I remember seeing a sketch with John Belushi and Paul Schaeffer in Victorian times, and Schaeffer played a court musician and Belushi played the royal queen. I remember the sketch revolving around Paul teaching someone to play music and they couldn't count to four - the repetetive hook to the sketch was "it's floggin' four beats!" (a substitute for one of those seven dirty words you cant say on television). They also used mock British accents.

At one point, however, (i don't think it was intentional) Paul said "It's fockin' four beats!!" I don't think he appeared in a sketch with dialogue after that...

Shayne, I remember seeing that bit with JLC. It was sometime around the release of True Lies.

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
In the summertime in Colorado it is common to have quick violent storms in the afternoon. The local stations have weather alerts with a loud beep, beep, beep followed by a scroll on the bottom of the screen.
One afternoon the local station was airing a Star Trek TOS episode called "The Gallilao 7". Basically, Spock is in command of a damaged shuttle that doesn't have enough fuel to reach orbit and he needs to let the Enterprise know where he is. He ignites his remaining fuel as a signal and starts the slow desent back into the atmosphere. As the shuttle heats up there is a lot of smoke building up inside the cabin.
Well, I guess you know where I'm going with this. ;) Right! Just then there is the familiar "beep, beep, beep!" I look up and there are the words, "Weather Alert" on the screen. Now that would be funny by itself, but as soon as the alert signal stopped a cute little ensign, looking distressed, puts the back of her hand to her forehead and whines, "It's getting hot!"
I totally lost it. I laughed so hard I couldn't stop and tears were rolling down my face. My only regret is that I didn't have the VCR on. It was a classic.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I remember Guns 'N' Roses accepting an award, I think it was the American Music Awards but it could've been the Grammys, I guess... whatever. This was at the height of their popularity.

They stumble up on stage, decked out in their finest glam-sleazery and disgusting big hair, hands holding drinks and cigarettes. When they gave their slurred acceptance speech, the only audible words were "thank," "great," and all sorts of naughty words. After a few seconds of violating FCC regulations, they cut away and jumped to commercials.

Suffice it to say, I became a G&R fan after that.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Mike,

"They stumble up on stage, decked out in their finest glam-sleazery and disgusting big hair, hands holding drinks and cigarettes. When they gave their slurred acceptance speech, the only audible words were "thank," "great," and all sorts of naughty words. After a few seconds of violating FCC regulations, they cut away and jumped to commercials. "
I remember that one! I was actually going to post it, but you beat me to it!

I remember it clearly - I think I was in the 8th grade at the time. Slash & one of the other bandmembers accepted the award, and they were visibly smashed. As you said, they appeard onstage barechested, wearing an opened vest, with drinks and lit cigarettes in their hands.

I believe Slash muttered something along the lines of "Fuck man, I can't believe we won! Oh shit, you can't say fuck on television can you?", at which point they cut to commercial.

My sister and I sat there slack-jawed and in wonder. It was the first such "slip up" that we'd witnessed in our young lives on live TV.

Moe.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
During the 2002 MTV new years special, they slipped when we heard sum 41 actually saying the "S" word on live tv. MTV mostly does five second delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks