What's new

Funniest Simpsons Volume (1 Viewer)

stevenHa

Second Unit
I want to purchase only one of the volumes of the Simpsons episodes and was wondering which one people think is the funniest (sounds like somewhere between vol. 3-5 was the most popular ?). Thanks.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Season 6 all the way. In this volume you will get the following greats:

Bart Of Darkness
Itchy & Scratchyland
Treehouse Of Horror V
Lisa On Ice
Homer Badman
Grandpa vs. Sexual Inadequacy
Fear Of Flying
And Maggie Makes Three
Bart's Comet
Homie The Clown
Bart vs. Australia
Lisa's Wedding
Two Dozen And One Greyhounds
Lemon Of Troy

For the other episodes on the set, they were all good. There are no duds in this set.

Unfortunately, if you stick with Season 6, you'll miss the all time greatest Simpson episode "Homer the Heretic"

Good luck.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Far and away, I think Season Two is the best year. Every episode is extremely funny or it has a heartwarming story (back when the Simpson family acted like a family that loved each other). Classic episodes from that year are Treehouse of Horror, Bart the Daredevil, Itchy & Scratchy & Marge and The Way We Was.

Obviously, we're not getting a consensus here. :) Either way, I think almost every season from the first decade of the show has multiple undisputable classics.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Seasons 4 and 5 are nearly equally great, with 5 just slightly better, IMHO. Season 5 just has more of my personal favorites (like Rosebud, Homer Goes to College, Boy Scouts N Da Hood, and Homer Loves Flanders). But again, Season 4 is almost as good (with favorites Homer the Heretic and Marge vs. the Monorail). I think 4's when they really hit their stride, in fact. 6 is great, but not AS great and it went downhill (gradually) from there on out. 9 is when the bottom fell out (again, IMHO!). It still has it's great episodes but the seasons, collectively, just weren't the same. YMMV.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Heh... I think you'll be getting as many different opinions about this as you'll get answers. If you're dead set on getting only one (a mistake, IMO), you might as well just pick one.

(Season 4 is pretty good, though) :D

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Season 4 may be the greatest season of any sitcom in human history. Not a single dud in the bunch. If you only get one, that's the one to get for sure.

That said, season 8 contains a ton of my absolute favorites. The rest aren't quite as strong but none of them are weak by any means.

Brian D H

Second Unit
The Tally so far:

Season 2: 1 vote
Season 4: 2 votes
Season 5: 2 votes
Season 6: 2 votes

We really need some tie-breakers...

Daniel_Diam

Auditioning
I really enjoyed Season 5 and would have to say that is my favorite year. Some of my top episodes:

Homer Goes To College
Rosebud
Homer and Apu
Homer Loves Flanders

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
That would probably be pretty futile since its a general consensus that seasons 2-8 are The Simpsons at their proverbial peak and only add argument about which is stronger, if only by a slim majority.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Season 8 is my favorite. It includes what I think are the two best episodes: "Homer's Phobia," where Homer thinks Bart might be gay, and "Homer's Enemy," which features the life and death of Frank Grimes (or Grimey, as he liked to be called).

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Tally:

Season 2: 1 vote
Season 4: 2 votes
Season 5: 3 votes
Season 6: 2 votes
Season 8: 1 vote

It's a palindrome.

Wezzo

Second Unit
I'd vote for S4, just ahead of S6.

But if you can, splash out on all of, say, S2-8, when you next see them on sale. It's really worth it for some of the finest seasons of comedy television has ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks