What's new

Funniest scenes in movies (1 Viewer)

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Birdcage:

armand - Al, you old son of a bitch! How ya doin'? How do you feel about that call today? I mean the Dolphins! Fourth-and-three play on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds to go!

Albert- How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered... wrong response?

Arman - You do an eclectic celebration of the dance! You do Fosse Fosse Fosse Fosse Fosse! You do Martha Graham Martha Graham Martha Graham, or Twyla Twyla Twyla, or Michael Kidde Michael Kidde Michael Kidde Michael Kidde, or Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna... but you keep it all inside.

Armand - You're going to the cemetery with your toothbrush. How Egyptian.

agador spartacus: "I do not wear shoes becase they make me fall down" (I think the delivery is what cracks me up on this one)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mike, you reminded me of another - as a fan of Danny Kaye, have you seen INSPECTOR GENERAL? Has a couple of classic sequences, but the entire "Gypsy Song" is one of the funniest musical sequences I've ever seen.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
'The Big Lebowski' - I can't help chuckling every time 'the Dude' drops the cherry from his joint into his lap, starts screaming like a girl and runs his old jalopy into the dumpster. Also, I always laugh at the horrified look on Brandt's face when Bunny tells 'The Dude' what she'd do for $100.

'Noises Off' - the performance of the play where everything goes wrong inevitably draws a laugh at some point.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Mike, you reminded me of another - as a fan of Danny Kaye, have you seen INSPECTOR GENERAL?
Yeah, only about, like, a gazillion times.

The Gypsy dance was brilliant.

And how can you not chuckle when he tries to pull the sword out while singing the anthem out of sync?

Little tidbit: my grandmother was a housekeeper (maid, for the rest of you un-PC folks) in a hotel in Israel. Kaye stayed at her hotel, and my grandma said that he is as funny in real life as he is in movies, though not intentially. His room was mess, but when my grandma would come by to clean it, he would try to clean it up first out of embarassment. At that time, she didn't know who he was. It was only years later when she was introduced to his films by her husband, a hardcore musical and comedy movie buff, that she realised who he was.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
The scene in Planes, Tranes and Automobiles when Martin asks Candy where his hand is and Candy responds between two pillows. Those aren't pillows! Hey, how about them Bears.

And the scene where Martin is sleeping and Candy tries to take off his coat. That was classic.

Patrick

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
From A Fish Called Wanda:

Otto West: You, pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant, twerp, scumbag, fuckface, dickhead, asshole!

Archibald "Archie" Leech: How very interesting. You're a true vulgarian, aren't you?

Otto: You're the vulgarian, you fuck!

The whole fabricated explanation why he was in the house to the wife and his reaction to her. Tons of other scenes.

From Spinal Tap: the horrible cold sores plus the other scenes previously mentioned

From Some Like It Hot

Perhaps my all time favorite could be deemed a spoiler soWhen you're wondering how the hell Tony Curtis beat Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon back to the hotel and made it back into the bathtub, he gets out of the tub fully dressed in his suit.

From Gladiator : When the guy fakes choking on the food, gets me every time.

From Wayne's World :Exsqueeze me? Baking Powder?

From Dumb and Dumber: Jim Carrey: You are one pathetic loser. No offense.

Jeff Daniels : None Taken.

From Bull Durham: She may get woolly. Women do get woolly. Because of all the stress.

Nuke's dream about pitching in ladies underwear.

Nuke beaning the mascot.

Many more.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I think that Fat Bastard naked in bed with Felicity Shagwell (in Austin Powers 2) is hands down the funniest thing in the history of the world.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I've gotten a huge amount of grief over this, but I think Dumb and Dumber may be one of the funniest movies ever. There are so many scenes and dialogue exchanges that reduce me to laughter and unable to continue working or anything else. From "The most annoying sound in the world", "I'll bet you 20 bucks I can get you gambling before the end of the day", to "So you're telling me there's a chance", I think it has to have one of the greatest collections of laughing out loud scenes in recent memory. Runners up are the early Zucker efforts and Something About Mary.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
What the principal says in Billy Madison still makes me laugh...
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I just rewatched Murder by Death for the first time in a long time, and was laughing out loud at many points.

RolandTGS

Auditioning
Tommy Boy - You can get a good look a butchers ass by sticking your head up there.

Parenthood - "I think I found a candle"

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I am a sucker for the Marx Brothers, so I will nominate the Groucho in the mirror scene from Duck Soup which has been done many times, but never as well.

Recently, I laughed extremely hard at the dinner scene from Meet the Parents and the zipper scene from There's Something About Mary. I guess I just like to see Ben Stiller suffer.

I will also reluctantly confess to an extreme fit of laughter when David Spade & Chris Farley capped off the musical sing-a-long driving montage from Tommy Boy with "Eres Tu".

Regards,

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Any scene in The Producers
Any scene in Being John Malkovich
Only Gene Wilder's stuff in Blazing Saddles - i.e. not the farting scene - perhaps the least funny scene every made.
Anything with ben Stiller
and much, much more.....

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Robin Williams in Birdcage. The scene where he shows the young dancer how to interpret his role. :)

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
From WHAT'S NEW, PUSSYCAT? (God help me)

"Miss Lefevre! Miss Lefevre! Your face is like the pale autumn moon."

"Is SHE prettier than you? I am prettier than you!"

"Fritz, control yourself or I'll have your knees shaved immediately."

"I don't wish to take a key. Give me my car cabs."

Jeez, is this available on DVD yet?

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
the last scene in Tomcats where he says those "three magic words"...
i honestly stopped breathing when he said that!!! :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks