What's new

"Fun with Dick and Jane" remake: Impressive names attached! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
When I read that Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz would be doing a remake of the George Segal/Jane Fonda comedy, my brain just dimissed it as yet another needless remake that may or may not be worth seeing.

But since then I've read some interesting things!

Barry Sonnenfeld will be directing, which could be a very good thing. (I'm a Sonnenfeld fan, MIBs aside.)

But today at www.chud.com there's a report that the screenplay will be written by...the Coen brothers?!?!

Have a look here .

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I for one consider that a bad thing. I've been consistently impressed with how clever and witty their scripts are, and consistently disappointed that they have never elicited a single laugh from me. :frowning:

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
Who would you rather have written it then George? I am sure you can think of worse writers. The fact that the Coen brothers are attached to it is the single reason I am intrigued about this movie, so I guess I am on the other side of the fence.

Has anyone seen the original? Was it worth remaking?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd say it's the bad/unremarkable movies that beg to be remade. Look at Ocean's Eleven. Rather middle-of-the-road Rat Pack movie become a real hit now. Remaking stuff like Planet of the Apes is pointless, since the remake could never surpass the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks