What's new

Full wall murals - printed (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
I have seen in movies and retail stores murals that can fill an entire wall. Usually a complete city-scene or something similar made of what appears to be a paper backing with a magazine sheene. Probably applied with walpaper paste. Even a dorm I used to live in had something similar. It was a mural of the campus.

I know Kinko's will do large prints, but nothing this big.

Does anyone have any information on where and how to get this done?

Thanks,

C. Ryan

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I know you can buy mural wallpaper or at least have it ordered at most any wallpaper shop. (HERE'S the first one that I Googled)

But, it sounds like you're looking for something more custom made. Check with wallpaper shops and interior decorating places.. they may be able to send you to someone who can custom make one. Photography studios may be able to help also.

I remember reading in Popular Mechanics years ago that someone had created a machine that can take a photograph and paint it on a wall for you. It worked sort of like a plotter printer that used jets of paint... pretty cool.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Wow. Thank you. As stupid as this sounds, I do not think I would have ever checked into wallpaper outlets.

Thank you again. I would like custom so I will have to look further for that, but this gives me a great start.

C. Ryan

Pamela

Supporting Actor
You can have these murals customed made at a sign and display company. For instance, we use Crush Creative for our mural and large scale work. I'm sure you could find someone similar in your area. There's a process called Scotchprint®, which can make indoor wall murals.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I was going to suggest the same. Check with a sign company.

Somewhere on the Internet there's a video clip of a university class project that made a crude version of this. They had a sprayer suspended on a rope, with a computer controlling the pulleys to move it and turning on/off the spray.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I once saw a clients office where he took state maps that were printed at the same scale and pasted them ajoining one another on the wall to form a huge, wall sized map of the United States.

I always thought that was the coolest. I will do it in my bar/game room someday... (when I have a bar/gameroom)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I am looking for something similiar.....I may actually get in contact with some local places to see what they have to offer.
Even maybe get it painted....

Bryan_O

Agent
I have full wall murals in both of my kid's rooms. I got the art teacher of the local high school to paint them for me. Cost was about $30/hr.

My son's room is my favorite. He has a tree that starts at the floor, and the canopy covers a portion of the 3 walls on that side of the room, plus a 1/3 of the ceiling. This is combined with a sunrise/clouded sky ceiling. It came out really cool.

I think one of the big advantages of going with paint vs. paper is the ability to paint over moulding, AC vents, an to cross over from wall to ceiling.

If anyone want's pictures, I'd be happy to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks