Full Throttle : Hell on Wheels - Cancelled!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Flynn, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

2. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Doh it must of been REALLY bad for LA to cancel it. Oh well, better that then release a sad excuse for a game.

3. Allan Petersen

Allan Petersen Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like it wasn't up to snuff. Or maybe someone decided that adventure games aren't "in vogue" at the moment...

I sure hope the new Sam and Max game is still on track, though.

4. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

If only it had done the same to "RTX: Red Rock." But at least it realized the damage it could have done to one of the few non-"Star Wars" possibilities the company really has.

Since "Psychonauts" also has been a little MIA of late, maybe LucasArts should contract with Tim Schafer to really do a "Full Throttle" sequel justice.

I'm a LucasArts fan from way back, through thick and thin, and I was really looking forward to this one. But I commend it for making the right decision, however embarrassing and costly. I only hope "Sam & Max," "Armed and Dangerous" and especially "Secret Weapons" turn out great. . .

5. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Damn, I was really hoping for this game. I loved the first Full Throttle & I was waiting for this sequel. I have been a fan of Lucasarts for many years & I really enjoy their old games.

6. Kevin-M

Kevin-M Agent

I'm glad this got canned. If you liked the original Full Throttle, you would have hated this. The sequel was turning out to be a half-baked action-game with a minimum of adventure content.

Keep in mind this is what happened to the original Sam & Max sequel. It was primarily going to be an action game, but it got canned and now Lucasarts is working on a bonafide adventure-genre Sam & Max sequel! Hopefully they'll do the same and start on a new Full Throttle sequel that's truer to the original.

7. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

8. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Adventure games need to make a comeback. we need more roger wilco, sam and max and everyone else :)

capt