What's new

Full Screen DVD's...UCK! (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
John: Then those 16:9 titles will be TAR but not OAR. Personally, I'd much rather suffer the loss of resolution to get the director's intended aspect ratio.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
and what's the ridiculous reason Lolita is not anamorphic, why do people beleive this Warner & Leon Vitalli bullshit.

My guess is within a couple of years these will all be released 16:9 and we'll just have to put up with them looking like they did at the cinema, when we would much rather see them 1:37 (shot for tv) like SK intended.
Once again, "Lolita" was filmed at 1.37:1.

The 1.37:1 ratio is not equivalent to "shot for TV." Almost all movies made before the early 1950s were filmed at 1.37:1, including "Casablanca," "Gone With the Wind" and "Citizen Kane."

JohnJB

Stunt Coordinator
If Lolita was shot 1:37 why is the DVD letterbox & I'm not arguing resolution over directors preffered aspect ratio for Clockwork & Barry, both DVD's are letterbox so should be anamorphic (if necessary window-boxed) or if you guys are right they should be open matte but letterbox pleases nobody.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks