What's new

Full Review Of LOTR:FOTR Extended Edition Up At DVD File (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The full review of the extended edition of The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring is up now at www.dvdfile.com and it sounds spectacular.
The review is extremely comprehensive and covers pretty much everything included in this mega set.
P.S. The review does mistakenly list James Horner as the film's composer when it was in fact Howard Shore who composed the films Oscar winning score.
Can't wait.:b

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
6 hour doc? Bloody hell...
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
Wow, wow, wow, wow.

Wow.

I feel for the poor Joe Six Packs who bought the regular release with no idea that this amazing DVD was coming. Everybody who knows I'm into home theater asks me if I have LOTR yet. I always explain that this SE is coming and they look at me weird and typically say "crap, I didn't know that. I just bought it."

Well, this DVD set looks to be a movie lover's dream, and a LOTR lover's heaven!

Thank you Peter Jackson. Thank you New Line!

Gruson

Second Unit
Composer James Horner composed a few new cues just for this release of the film, and the additional sound effects are adroitly integrated.....
I also caught that :)

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
WHOAAAAAAAA!
I didn't realize that those docs on disc 3 and 4 are actually two BIG documentaries which contain chapter stops... COOL!

Man, where is that time machine when you realls need one...

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

*SPLOOSH!!!*

Uh. Right. Sorry about that. I'll just get some towels and clean that up then.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
What oscars for sound did this win, like mentioned in the review. I think it got sound design, but Black Hawk Down got the best sound oscar.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All of those hours and hours of extras but no trailers. Strange move but great DVD set.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Trailers were on the original release, and they said that NO features were repeated, so this comes as no surprise to me. I am not mad, since I have the 2 discer and will get the 4 disc.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, funny how some see video improvements and some don't.
I guess it depends on the person's equip. and critical eyesight.

MichaelG

Second Unit
I still haven't seen an answer to this ...

Does anyone know if one or both discs automatically starts playing the movie when inserted? I really hope that the second disc does this, it's not so important that the first disc does this though. However, since there is nothing else on them I seriously hope that they just auto-play.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Michael, according to Bill Hunt disc 2 strikes up with an immediate menu allowing you to select to continue your audio options (DD, DTS...etc) and audio commentaries.

Dan

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
What oscars for sound did this win, like mentioned in the review.
The only sound-related Oscar FotR won was for Howard Shore's score. It was nominated for Best Sound, which as you pointed out Black Hawk Down won. It was NOT nominated for the other sound Oscar, Sound Effects Editing. There were only two nominees for that one - Pearl Harbor (which won) and Monsters, Inc..
My impression of the DVD File review is that Peter B. was rushing to get it posted before any other site. There's quite a number of little gaffes. Hopefully after he gets some sleep ;) he'll have a chance to get it proofread and fixed.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Trailers were on the original release, and they said that NO features were repeated.
This point also seems to be lost on Peter, as he's also looking for the Enya video and the preview of "The Two Towers" and expressing disappointment at not finding them.
Then again, he admits he hasn't paid a whole lot of attention to this film beyond a technical review of the discs themselves.
Incredible releases, both of them. Huge :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: to New Line! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks