What's new

Full Frontal Nudity in StarGate SG-1 - ya gotta love DVD's (1 Viewer)

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not the kind of guy that LOOKs for these things but it certainly was a perk when I was watching the pilot of StarGate SG-1.

It certainly did catch my attention (being a typical male).

Perhaps I got StarGate XX-1 instead LOL

I bet sales will skyrocket now! :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that friend Rod realizes that this disc has been out for two years, maybe? Specifically, it was released to stores on 2/29/2000 (last Leap Year day). Sales skyrocketed long ago, encouraging MGM to put out the SG-1 Season 1 box set.
As for WHO was nekkid, it was Vaitiare Bandera, playing http://www.gateworld.net/characters/share.shtml
Nice, ummmmm, scenes! :b

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
I can see you all looking for your DVD's now LOL.

Jacksons very well put togather wife has the "extended" scene which is not a casual glancing shot. She get's taken over and becomes Apophis' queen after being looked over thoughly.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Actually, that full frontal shot was in the broadcast when it was first shown on Showtime. I was hooked from that point on. :)

Eric F

Screenwriter
That was the only episode with something that risque. From then on they toned it down so it would fit better into syndication.

Now if they'ld only get the rest of the seasons out. Who's idea was it that the fans would find it acceptable to release them 18mos apart?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually Season 1 came out last may, so it'll be more like 15 months. They bumped it up to give SciFi a chance to put repeat syndication ahead of the box sets.

The big problem has been that MGM's schedual is about 9mo ahead of release. Therefore they saw how the initial SG-1 disc sold, greenlighted the box set 15 months later ( it takes about 3 months to get back exact figures), released Season 1, got back the figures, and away we go again.

From what I hear we should see them on a faster schedual now.

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
And I can't seem to fine a link to screenshots anywhere...for research purposes of course. LOL

Eric F

Screenwriter
Still, even 15mos is way too long. The only reason why I'm buying it on DVD is because I don't have cable.

I'm beginning to consider selling the first box and using the money to buy something else, like, say, Red Dwarf when it arrives.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I saw the pilot when it first was shown on Showtime and remember those 2 nude scenes.

I watched only a few more and gave up it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Eric, you know it airs in syndication on UHF stations right? Usually Saturday afternoon. They're a season behind Showtime

Eric F

Screenwriter
Yes, I realize they're in syndication, in fact I mentioned it myself, but a number of things ruin it for me:

1. Local station doesn't run them in any particular order, and they're often pre-empted by sports events.

2. Commercials.

3. 4:3 and poor video quality(love those 16:9 enhanced DVDs).

Yes, I like the show, and will probably get them now if they start really appearing every 6mos or so apart. They'll probably do that once they stop making new episodes.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
The problem with syndication is you don't get to see the shows in proper order. That's why I bought the box set. I don't have Showtime and syndication was either random or they would play them in order every night and I would have to record them.

I consider SG-1 is on of the best Sci-Fi shows of all time - must better then most star trek and especially Deep Space Nine (State Employees in Space).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Rod, yes you do. It's syndicated just like "Star Trek:The Next Generation" "VIP" "Highlander: The Series" etc. They just play the episodes a year behind is all

When SciFi airs them, it will also be in order

Brian E

Screenwriter
The problem with syndication is you don't get to see the shows in proper order. That's why I bought the box set.
Except the box set is in syndication order, not original broadcast order. Many people (not me) complained about that when it was released.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
What is the proper order?? The StarGate website lists them in that order?

Jeff - I'm 3 years behind! I have the best of all worlds - I've only seen like 5 or 6 total episodes at random. Not having Showtime and I missed it, then just didn't pay any attention to it in syndication.

My schedule is always in flux so I can never be sure what I can watch (except Survivor and Amazing Race which I always apply for) so it's hard to really get involved.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I know the Stargate website at least lists Showtime order

Syndication order is valid as well, as it's organized by the producers.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I realize they're in syndication, in fact I mentioned it myself, but a number of things ruin it for me:

1. Local station doesn't run them in any particular order, and they're often pre-empted by sports events.

2. Commercials.

3. 4:3 and poor video quality(love those 16:9 enhanced DVDs).
Aren't the DVDs 4x3 as well? 5.1 audio though.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
DVD's are widescreen something like 1.78-1 Dolby but not 5.1 - still better then off the tube though

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Rod, they only messed up a few episodes:

No. 6 Cold Lazarus, aired on 8/29

No. 7 The Nox, aired on 9/12

No. 8 Brief Candle, aired on 9/19

No. 9 Thor's Hammer, aired on 9/26

These four appear on the disk in this order:

No. 6, 8, 9 & 7.

If they do this again, it is possible that something will 'show up' before it was first seen.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks