Full Frame Grinch only at costco

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Russell, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Mike Russell

Mike Russell Agent

Apparently Costco has taken it upon themselves to make the choice for us as to which version of The Grinch DVD we should purchase. Forget about grabbing some poor employee and trying to point out the fact that there is 2 versions of the film. They just stare blankly at you. They couldn't care less anyway. That is what really frustrates me. When i see this, i try to educate these people as to the superiority of OAR, but they aren't interested. Even the managers don't seem to care. Not that i care much about the grinch anyway. I wasn't going to buy it, especially when P&Sh*t is the only option. Is this movie any good? I never saw it. Once you have seen Jim Carrey's comedic bag o' tricks repeated in more than 3 movies he gets pretty stale. I heard the production was pretty amazing though. Been thinking about renting it. Sometimes I feel like the war for OAR is a lost cause. The J6P's of the world far outnumber us.

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

It could be worse. My costco only had the full-frame vhs, no dvds whatsoever. [​IMG]

3. John P Grosskopf

John P Grosskopf Second Unit

This is why I shop at Sam's.

Also, Costco takes only cash, check, and American Express. Sam's takes Discover...woohooo!

4. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

Our Canadian Costco have them in Widescreen. I went to four locations and they all have the widescreen.