What's new

Full Almost Famous Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Not sure if this belongs in movies or music, but this seems like a safe bet.

I was wondering if there were an extended soundtrack for Almost Famous that includes all the music used in the movie, as opposed to the truncated soundtrack? Normally I'd think there isn't, but I swear I once saw an "Untitled" soundtrack to go along with the extended DVD that did contain the rest of the music. Anyone else know anything about this?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The 'Untitled' DVD includes a CD with all of the Stillwater songs on it. Pretty good stuff. You should own 'Untitled' anyways, since it is a better version of the movie.

Jason

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Oh I own the DVD, but there's a lot of licensed songs in the movie as well that don't appear on the official soundtrack or the Stillwater CD. I could have sworn I once saw an Untitled soundtrack with two discs that contained all the songs from the movie.

And I agree, Almsot Famous wsa a damned good mvie, Untitled was an incredible one.

Paul D Young

Second Unit
There is an extended soundtrack called "Untitled" on vinyl.
I'm not sure if it was ever on CD though. It features all the songs from the "regular" CD soundtrack plus all the songs (I think) from the bonus CD that came with the Untitled DVD that Jason mentioned.

You can check out the album HERE

Is that what you are talking about?

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I think that's it. Thanks a bunch. Darn, I was hoping somewhere there was a full soundtrack available. Some great stuff on teh CD that was released, but a lot of equally good stuff that was left off.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Wouldn't a full soundtrack fro this film have like 45 or 50 songs on it? Man that would be something.

I'm sure licensing would be a nightmare though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yup, licensing's the reason here. IMDB should have a full soundtrack listing, howeveer. If you have a CD-burner and a source of music files, then...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks