Fujitsu P42HHA30WS question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dan K, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Dan K

Dan K Auditioning

I'm going to be buying a plasma in October and I've narrowed it down to this Fujitsu.

Fujitsu is currently offering a "summer rebate" on their website for this and other models.

Does this mean a new Fujitsu 42" model might be coming out this fall.

If so, I'd probably wait to buy one.

Has anyone heard any press or rumors about new models coming out?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Brett Hump

Brett Hump Auditioning

Hey Dan
    Did you actually go ahead with your purchase of the 42" Fujitsu? I'm looking at this display as well.

3. Dan K

Dan K Auditioning

yes, i purchased the fujitsu early in the year and ended up getting the newer model.

as a monitor i think it's fantastic. hd channels look incredible.

i would highly recommend it.

i ended up using artison portrait speakers for the l/r/c (they match the fujitsu), sonance in-ceilings for the rears, a rotel rsx-1056 receiver, a marantz dvd player and a b&w asw-675 subwoofer.

it's a combination of great sound and picture that is very discreet in our apartment. i've been very happy with the whole set-up.

-dan-

4. Brett Hump

Brett Hump Auditioning

I would like to be clear on this, you purchased the Fujitsu 42" Plasmavision P42HHA40US?
    What made you come to selecting this particular unit over other brand name higher end models?
    What would you ask the manufacturer to improve on?

Your setup sounds "sweet" with the Rotel receiver, B&W sub.

5. Dan K

Dan K Auditioning

yeah, that's the one.

basically, i checked out several audio/video stores in manhattan. the places i liked the most all recommended the fujitsu as being the best.

i do think there are other great displays out there though--possibly for less money. the panasonics and pioneers seem to get great reviews. could be worth checking out.

but in the end, i bought a complete system from a store in manhattan called lyric hi-fi and the fujitsu was part of it. (they only carried fujitsus and runcos.)

i haven't regretted getting it for one second. it's great.

6. Brett Hump

Brett Hump Auditioning

Wow, Manhattan!
    A little larger than Vancouver BC Canada, though I originally lived in Toronto. Anyway...
    Yes, I'm getting similar vibes on the "lower priced" Pioneer & Panasonic. If we look at the chatter in these forums, you'd swear everyone owes a Panasonic.
    I've gotten an opinion from a sales guy at a higher end store saying the Fujitsu 42" screen is older technology & Panasonic's got a kicking video processor. Of course they carry Sony, Pioneer & Panasonic principally, so not a big surprize there. At the same time he is telling me about Panasonic's superior video processor, he is suggesting acquiring a line filter (gadget for quieting "video noise")for about $1,000.

Another guy writes me that Fujitsu is overpriced, and he heard the company is getting out of the plasma business. I doubt that, given the interest in plasma.

Overpriced is a relative thing. If higher end Pioneers & Panasonics are pushing upper $5 to $6,000.cdn it is not a quantum leap to Fujitsu's price. However, I do think Fujitsu should step down to be more in the game, if their product is kicking.

At the end of the day it really is personal perception i.e. viewing these models & deciding which has the better picture & features. My problem is getting the top 3 or 4 in the same room, adjusted to somewhat similar settings & comparing.

In your research did you, view alot of models, or form a consense based on all the stores you visited or rely on 1 particular store/salesperson you felt comfortable with?

7. Dan K

Dan K Auditioning

i did read a lot of reviews and did a lot of research.

but in the end, i just went with the store/salesperson that i felt was the best. everything they carrried was quality and they definitely had the expertise.

i probably paid a little more overall for the home theater than if i bought off the internet etc. but it was worth it for the service and expertise.

8. Brett Hump

Brett Hump Auditioning

Thanks for your feedback Dan K.
    Sounds like another happy customer.

If you are inclined, I've got a thread going in this forum; Arthur S. has some strong opinions about Fujitsu/Hitachi.