1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Doug Wallen, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Stunt Coordinator

John DeAngelis
    maybe "being fixed" is a euphamism. Like when you take your dog to the vet "to be fixed." :(

2. jdee28

jdee28 Screenwriter

John
    It's got to hurt that because of the recall they've now missed out on releasing this for the 2011 holiday season; this set would have made a perfect Christmas gift.
    The holiday season is the perfect time to enjoy this set as well. I got mine thanks to Amazon, and starting from the beginning, am now up to season 2. So far, the presentation has been perfect; no replacement music other than what was coming out of the radios and bands in Season 1. The newly added subtitles have been great!

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I meant no offense to you but can you clarify what you meant by "Considering that Walmart and a couple others had been selling the 1st sets for a couple of weeks, we don't know how many of these were sold. Certainly there were more than a few sets that made it out there." then? I think it's fair that I took that to mean that a potential way that the seller had the sets because he bought them at a store and resold them on eBay. However, if that was the case, the seller would be losing $3,000 and that's extremely unlikely.
    Once again, I mean no offense to anyone but at the same time, I'm willing to point out the flaws in people's theories and I have no problem with someone doing the same to me.

4. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

Brad Smith
    I have new information from an individual that logged a complaint recently against the seller. They responded to my inquiry. See below:
    "I did try to buy the "Fugitive" complete series from this seller. The ad was a TOTAL sham! The item, according to other places on the internet hasn't been issued. The seller of this bogus item promised to send me a prepaid address label for the wrong item he sent instead of "Fugitive" series (Crosby, Stills, in Concert). After promising to send such a label TWICE, I figured the seller was just trying to run the clock out on my 30 days to file a claim...so I filed a claim and called PayPal and e-bay without any success so far in getting my money back. I'm pretty mad about all this."
    All I was waiting for was some concrete information one way or another, and now I think we have it.

5. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:

Good. I agree, we needed something concrete and now we have it.

Gary "glad I didn't try to buy that set" O.

6. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

Brad Smith
    How about the person that bought the last four? Yikes. Talk about a potentially good thing gone bad.

7. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

If there's a problem with 5 of the discs, they wouldn't destroy the other 28 of them, they'd just fix the bad discs and replicate those. And if there's a problem with all 33, they wouldn't destroy the packaging, so the sets would be recalled, the discs taken out, and new discs put inside.

8. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

After reading more of this thread, I'm done. When we have information to share, you can read it on TVShowsOnDVD.com.

9. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

Rod
    WOW! Good work, Inspector Morse! That settles that; it was too good to be true.
    Looks like the size of a Seller doesn't matter when it comes to dishonesty on eBay.
    I repeat...making thousands (100%) of sales "Private" is a red flag, in my opinion.
    And to all a "good night." :tu:

10. Catlady

Catlady Stunt Coordinator

Catlady
    Fine for the packages that were never sent--I can certainly understand halting shipping in that case--but that doesn't explain why they requested sets that were already shipped and in the hands of customers to be returned, rather than simply offering replacement discs.
    It also doesn't explain why preorders were outright canceled, or why there is no date--not even a ballpark estimate--for a reissue.

11. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

Rod
    Canceled preorders was a preemptive strike to keep from needing a -massive- replacement campaign.
    Returning the sets was to keep from having to do a -small- replacement campaign.
    Why no word on a new street date? There's the rub. But I think we should call a moratorium on speculation after seeing how we really annoyed Gordy with a million follow-up questions to his "fix it" post. :(
    My Mom used to say, "I'm fixing dinner!" To which my Dad replied, "Who broke it?" :D
    Sorry, Gordy. ;)

12. Catlady

Catlady
    No, all that had to happen was for the preorders to be postponed. E.g., just a little while ago I got an e-mail from Amazon about a book preorder; they advised me that the pub date was being postponed 1-3 months, and I had the option of canceling the order. I fail to see any reason that this was not done for THE FUGITIVE.
    So instead of a small replacement campaign for however many sets Amazon actually shipped out before October 24 (and whatever Walmart shipped the following week), the studio inexplicably decided to incur the costs of return shipping, lose those sales with no guarantee that the buyers will buy again, and lose all the preorders. I am not a financial whiz, so maybe I'm missing something that would explain how that makes any sense.
    I'm new here, I've only participated in this one thread. I don't know anything about Mr. Lacey but I do admire the TVShowsonDVD site. Someone who purports to have inside information and posts rather cryptic information should expect to be questioned and challenged. Either say nothing or spill the beans.

13. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

While TV Shows On DVD is not The Washington Post and Gord isn't Woodward or Bernstein, I think it's to be expected that there's times when can only say so much without potentially exposing his sources at a studio or burning a bridge with his sources.

14. Harry-N

Harry-N Producer

Harry N.
    I hate the fact that CBS' actions with THE FUGITIVE have turned what would normally be like-minded fans into factions:

Haves and have-nots
    Insiders and outsiders
    Tolerant and intolerant

We should all be admiring the fabulous TV show from the '60s - the plots, the sub-plots, the guest stars, the acting, the cinematography - and not the inner-workings of the offices full of suits at CBS Home Video.

Harry

15. Catlady

Catlady
    I understand that. Which is why I said it would be better to say nothing than to hint and then become a little peevish when questioned.

16. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Stunt Coordinator

John DeAngelis
    This whole thing is a little crazy. I expect the CIA to be this secretive. But this isn't high level espionage. It's a DVD set! Why CBS can't just come out and say exactly why they really recalled the sets and when they think they'll be re-released is beyond me.

17. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

Rod
    This thread is a microcosm of society in the 21st Century.
    Dolly back and see this scenario play out all over America...and the world, for that matter.
    We'll just have to wait for The Second Coming* before the lion lays down with the lamb.
    *...the 2nd release of the FUGITIVE Box Set :laugh:

18. fstop107

fstop107 Auditioning

Robert Mulherin
    WalMart never asked for my set to be returned.

19. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    Peevish is an understatement. I re-read the thread and have no idea why Gord reacted like that. There was no post that came close to criticizing Gord or his actions. I think he reacted rather immaturely.

20. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

I can only imagine that he must be extremely frustrated by both the never-ending amount of emails from consumers hounding him for more info, and CBS/P's continued stonewalling. Like all of us, he'd undoubtedly prefer nothing more than a resolution to the matter so we can move on. I'd cut him some slack.