1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Doug Wallen, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer

Ray
    Isn't there someone who received the recalled set, has viewed most of it, and knows the original series well enough to tell to what extent the music issues with the previous issues were resolved?

2. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

Brad Smith
    Early on several people spot checked many of the more problematic episodes and stated they were primarily fixed, except for maybe some jukebox type music here and there. So while not a majority of episodes it provided enough evidence for many to assume the new complete set is leaps and bounds better then the previous season volume release. The question on most minds now is more focused on whether or how much change there will be between the next release of the complete set and the recalled complete set.

3. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Screenwriter

There is currently a single listing on eBay, with a buy-it-now price of $26.52. Seems like a wrong price, even though the picture does depict the recalled set (some sellers, however, just use stock photos).

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I'm not sure what was said over there, but Paramount distributes the title that CBS releases.

5. Catlady

Catlady Stunt Coordinator

Catlady
    I'm sticking with the theory that the problem is the CD.
    1. For some reason, the bonus CD with the complete set was reworked from the previously available soundtrack.
    2. The mp3 versions of the original incarnation of the soundtrack have inexplicably been withdrawn from sale, at about the same time the complete series with the CD was withdrawn from sale.
    3. The composer of the soundtrack music died.
    Why was the soundtrack reworked in the first place? Was it to get around some legal complication? Did some legal complication arise anyway because of Pete Rugolo's death? Could there have been some agreement with Peter Rugolo that his estate decided to challenge, or that CBS thought his estate might challenge? Why aren't the mp3s of the original soundtrack being sold anymore?
    I really want to know why the CD was changed for the box set. I bet that's the clue that would help unravel the whole mystery.

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Not that I have anything to base it on but I think the scores (Rugolo's work, the library cues, etc) that were replaced on the previous sets will be back on the eventual re-release of the series set. I had forgotten that CBS/Paramount even cited a technical problem as the reason for the set for the recall but maybe it's that (though has anyone read any reports of problems with the sets that have gotten out?) or maybe there's a clearance issue with the CD or with the bonus features but I just can't believe that they decided to go to the trouble of tracking down who owned what and making sure that they could use the cues that they would make a mistake in that area.

7. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

Rod
    Robert, I feel so bad that you missed the window for returning the box set to Walmart. :(
    I know how frustrating those missed deadlines can be.
    When that happens to me, I feel like such a goofball.
    I'm sure you were probably preoccupied with Thanksgiving plans.
    I understand. Don't let it bother you.
    Put the box set away in a closet, so you won't be reminded that it's yours
    forever, thanks to Walmart's draconian 15-day Return Policy.
    I hope you have a Merry Christmas anyway.
    :cool:

8. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

Rod
    :dance:

9. fstop107

fstop107 Auditioning

Robert Mulherin
    I am going to hang onto my set unopened just in case.

10. hypnohighball

hypnohighball Stunt Coordinator

John Sayers
    Same here, but it's killing me - I want to watch these, but I'm not going to crack the seal if this is going to become super-valuable!

11. Harry-N

Harry-N Producer

Harry N.
    If I had one, I'd open it and enjoy it. Life's too short to worry about a potential gain of a few hundred dollars at most. It isn't a rare Beatles album.

But that's my opinion. And I don't have a set, and hadn't yet planned on buying one.

Harry

12. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    I haven't opened mine, but not because of the potential value. It's my Christmas gift to myself (which may come through one of the kids by way of my wife), plus I wanted to make it easier to return if they ever come clean with the reason for the recall. If there's no further info, it gets opened on Christmas.

13. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

Rod
    ...or, as a few have done, who bought TWO Box Sets, open one and "enjoy it" and keep the other one sealed.
    That way, when the Box Set is scrubbed altogether :rolleyes:
    selling the unopened one pays for BOTH.
    :pc:

14. stevelecher

stevelecher Supporting Actor

steve
    As one who has watched most of season 2, it is very well restored and will prove very satisfactory to any reasonable fan. A couple radio/lounge music scenes have been changed and others are "night of broadcast." Had this set been released on scheule last November 1, it would have been a happy conclusion to a messy situation. It's too bad that we had to have another controversy.
    It's amazing that while many of us don't have this set at all, others have two copies and can keep one sealed for collecting purposes. If you have this set and love the show in its original form, break it open and enjoy. It's better than I dared hope for.

15. JLKINSER

JLKINSER Stunt Coordinator

John Kinser
    I have finished all of Season Two and from what I can tell the only episodes that have music changes are "Man In A Chariot", "World's End", and "Everybody Gets Hit In The Mouth Sometime". These are just lounge and radio and juke box tunes. No Heyes! All of the rest of the episodes are 100% complete. The thing that aggrivates me the most is the music change in "Everybody Gets Hit In The Mouth Sometimes". In the car they changed the music playing on the radio. But if you watch "Detour on A Road Going Nowhere" the radio the thug is playing on his transistor radio is the smae music playing in the car on "Everybody Gets Hit In The Mouth Sometimes". In "Detour..." the song has been restored. In "Everybody Gets Hit In The Mouth Sometimes" the song is still relaced. I don't see why? They cleared it for one episode so they know who owns it? Why replace it?

16. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Just curious, but for those that have the set, how will you feel if the coming release of the set turns out to be better than the one you have?

17. hypnohighball

hypnohighball Stunt Coordinator

John Sayers
    Then I'll exchange mine with Amazon - It was "defective", after all! :D

18. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

Rod
    If you bought Apple stock and share price dropped 20% the next day, what would you do?
    ...exactly.
    :cool:

19. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

Rod
    With all due respect, Gordy old chap, I'll repeat what I said in an earlier post...
    if CBS recalled this Box Set to make it better, I'll start believing in Unicorns and Leprechauns.
    :D

20. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:

While I certainly don't know what's happening, I'd be surprised if they didn't at least correct (i.e. add missing original music) "Not With a Whimper." Having said that, I also have to wonder if they also don't plan on removing some of the original juke box/lounge music that made it's way back into the recalled set. I still think it's most likely we will see both additions and subtractions with the new set. If it's only additions, then fantastic! But if that's the case I have to scratch my head at why the studio has been so "hush hush" about it. Seems like that would be a great advertising point - "We want this to be a perfect set so we have recalled it to add even more original music back in!!!" Seems like a no-brainer to me if that's all this was about. But what do I know?

Gary "I really do believe the new set will see additions (to the music), even if it's only the one episode I mentioned above" O.