What's new

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011 (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Imagine if CBS/Paramount said they won't announce a replacement until *EVERY* copy that slipped out through Amazon and Walmart is returned! :D

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
Jack P said:
Imagine if CBS/Paramount said they won't announce a replacement until *EVERY* copy that slipped out through Amazon and Walmart is returned! :D
Several sets were destroyed in the recent flood in New England, plus, a total of at least four were stolen in the mail and in Walmart parking lot holdups. :( :cool:

Catlady

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Catlady
Gord Lacey said:
Don't worry, I continue to bug them about the set, not every week, but probably every 2 weeks.
Gord
Do they respond at all, or just ignore the request for information?

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I'm sure CBS/Paramount does not relish the idea of doing yet another version of The Fugitive on DVD. They might just wait for the issues that might be preventing this release to be cleared up, and then release the set as it currently is, without adding or dropping anything. That would make the most economic sense for them. I think it might be a long wait though. I wouldn't be surprised if it's towards next holiday season, to maximize sales.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
jdee28 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's towards next holiday season, to maximize sales.
John, you raise an interesting point. It never dawned on me...they'd just sit on the boxes until the legal (aka technical) fires are extinguished. :)
But, wow, I sure hope it's not as long as a year from now.
My prediction of the re-release coming next month looks bleak with each passing week.
My concern is that a lot can happen (negatively) to the economy between now and a year from now. Plus, by next holiday season, all 50 states will likely be collecting sales tax on Internet purchases. I heard Amazon has caved in their fight with Texas and California. It's certainly not a deal-breaker, but every penny counts in most households. :P

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I received notification from Amazon.ca that the release was no longer available. My order with amazon.ca was cancelled. I am no hurry to set to come out as my budget $$$ are dedicated for some upcoming releases, like Pacific Blue; adam-12 S6; Hawaii Five-O S12; Mannix S6. I like picked up the fugitive next year, especially in the summer 2012.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
TheGreatOz said:
John, you raise an interesting point. It never dawned on me...they'd just sit on the boxes until the legal (aka technical) fires are extinguished. :)
But, wow, I sure hope it's not as long as a year from now.
My prediction of the re-release coming next month looks bleak with each passing week.
My concern is that a lot can happen (negatively) to the economy between now and a year from now. Plus, by next holiday season, all 50 states will likely be collecting sales tax on Internet purchases. I heard Amazon has caved in their fight with Texas and California. It's certainly not a deal-breaker, but every penny counts in most households. :P
For some of us, we're really getting a new insight into the meaning of the phrase, "What, me worry?" :)
But I do hope those who weren't so lucky won't have to wait that long. It's ridiculous it's stretched out this long as it is.

fstop107

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Mulherin
Received my box set from Walmart on Nov. 1. Still in shrink wrap and doubt I will return it. Who really knows if the set will be re-released!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
fstop107 said:
Received my box set from Walmart on Nov. 1. Still in shrink wrap and doubt I will return it. Who really knows if the set will be re-released!
Don't even THINK of returning it! If the release is CANCELLED you'll have one H(Censored! Ha Ha!)L of a Collector's Item. Don't even bother to open it either, unopened boxes garner the greatest value on collectables such as these. :tu:

Real Name
Håkan Andersson
Five weeks and not a word to explain what this is really about!
Unbelievable sloppy behaviour!
I was looking forward to the complete collection since I never got around to buy the season sets and what are we left with now?
How hard can it be to put out a decent press release??

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
fstop107 said:
What that kind of talk is that???....or U might get folks to start throwing out BIDS.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Hakan Andersson said:
Five weeks and not a word to explain what this is really about!
Unbelievable sloppy behaviour!
I was looking forward to the complete collection since I never got around to buy the season sets and what are we left with now?
How hard can it be to put out a decent press release??
That's a good question, it's all a bit strange by now. I'm hoping if they've removed anything (of the extras), they've added some new ones as replacement. High hopes, I know.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
All this has gotten me confused - edited vs unedited vs musical substitution vs. original music, recalled boxes :confused:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
All this has gotten me confused - edited vs unedited vs musical substitution vs. original music, recalled boxes :confused:
If you're looking to buy this, I think your best bet is to wait and see what happens with a 'new' series set. The series set has been recalled and, as of now, there's no official word on what is happening with a re-release.
CONJECTURE: It seems impossible to me that they didn't properly clear all the music after all the previous trouble with the individual releases so I think the episodes on any re-release will be the same as the ones on the recalled set. The bonus features might change though.

fstop107

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Mulherin
I am just saying Walmart offered to let me return it as long as I did so within 15 days!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisR /t/313960/fugitive-comes-to-dvd-in-a-33-disc-set-on-nov-1st/690#post_3874946
CONJECTURE: It seems impossible to me that they didn't properly clear all the music after all the previous trouble with the individual releases so I think the episodes on any re-release will be the same as the ones on the recalled set. The bonus features might change though.
Travis, just so I don't misunderstand: Are you saying that you buy CBS/Paramount's explanation that this is due to some "technical" disc issue, as opposed to the belief by most here that there's a music specific issue going on? When you say you "think the episodes on any re-release will be the same as the ones on the recalled set" are you saying you don't believe the recall had anything at all to do with original music either needing to be added and/or deleted from the episodes themselves? Just asking for clarification on your position.

Gary "at this point I have no idea when we'll hear something - it might be today or it might not happen till the new year" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if one day someone spots it as available on Amazon again with no indication that it was every gone or any explanations as to why it was pulled. It would probably require those on this forum with the expertise to pick apart the releases to determine once and for all what the recall was all about. And even then if it was a rights issue it could have finally been resolved with no changes to the release.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I can't imagine the following is true, but I'll throw it out there anyway. THE FUGITIVE began a national syndication run on MeTV back on October 1st. Could it possibly have anything to do with that?

I know that MeTV just withdrew RAWHIDE and MARSHAL DILLON from their schedule because of some cable-rights window,

This theory doesn't really make any sense because all of the prior half-season releases of THE FUGITIVE are already out there, but it crossed my mind and since we have no other info to draw on, why not speculate with more wild theories?

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread