What's new

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011 (1 Viewer)

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
There's almost too many scenes to recount that are diminished by the Heyes blaats. One that comes to mind for me is Nicest Fella You'd Ever Want To Meet in Act 4, when Kimble's running from the sheriff and it's just Kimble's feet being shown and then the sheriff's boots striding. The change in the music just minimizes that scene so much.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Most of us in this thread already own the DVDs of the entire series of THE FUGITIVE. Nevertheless, it's always good to see the show being broadcast on national television. While MeTV has been running the episodes at 2 AM on Sunday nights/Monday mornings, I saw a promo running on their sister network, DECADES.

Starting Oct. 29th, THE FUGITIVE will get a weeknight slot at 12:30 AM on DECADES, beginning of course with the first episode.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I happened to awaken right around 12:30 last night and happened to catch the opening of "Fear In A Desert City". It was running at a very fast speed, but the pitch remained constant.

I was amused as William Conrad's narration said not to "walk too fast or too slow". Jim Lincoln just had no control over the speed with which he was walking...

:)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I've just encountered a tidbit of information regarding "Landscape With Running Figures" (Part II) over on a music forum. In the original audio for the episode, when the punks are hassling Kimble and Mrs. Gerard, there are two snippets of music that supposedly emanate from the girl's transistor radio. The second one, when she turns it on at the window of the truck, is actually a released record called "Cry, Cry, Cry" by a Denver-based garage band named The Fogcutters.

If you have the initial release on DVD, the song heard is a replacement instead. If you have either the ancient NuVentures videotape or the Most Wanted set with corrected discs, then you can hear the record playing on the radio. A theory postulated as to why it was chosen is that the record was on Liberty Records which was owned by United Artists who produced THE FUGITIVE.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Thanks for the info, Harry. One of the great Fugitive stories though the part featuring the punks is obvious padding to fill out the full two hour time slot. This song always was a bit more distinctive than the usual radio music featured.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I did this with my Danger Man playlist of the Network soundtrack release. I plugged in “He Who Rides a Tiger” because it was played a few times in the episode “The Not So Jolly Roger,” which featured singer Patsy Ann (Trisha) Noble.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I did this with my Danger Man playlist of the Network soundtrack release. I plugged in “He Who Rides a Tiger” because it was played a few times in the episode “The Not So Jolly Roger,” which featured singer Patsy Ann (Trisha) Noble.
Me too!

i wish that DANGER MAN set was in a CD-sized case and not a DVD sized case. It creates havoc with my compact organization compulsions....

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Here's the ultimate example of how far we've come over the decades from the days of syndicated repeats to pristine remastered shows. The terrific YT channel "Obsolete Video" which has restored a lot of rare video from the early 70s put up a rerun of Part 1 of "The Judgment" from a 1971 KTLA repeat! (The B/W is the video quality).

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Mrs. Carab here, Alan's wife. After he read this article about his career, Alan said, "I didn't fix the Fugitive by myself. There were a bunch of people from the Home Forum who also helped fix it, along with the great people at CBS Video." I can tell he really respects you all and I thought you might enjoy reading this. I hope this is the right place to post this and I get the link right. - Mrs. Carab

https://magazine.tcu.edu/winter-2019/david-alan-hall-hollywood-ghostwriter/

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Mrs. Carab here, Alan's wife. After he read this article about his career, Alan said, "I didn't fix the Fugitive by myself. There were a bunch of people from the Home Forum who also helped fix it, along with the great people at CBS Video." I can tell he really respects you all and I thought you might enjoy reading this. I hope this is the right place to post this and I get the link right. - Mrs. Carab

https://magazine.tcu.edu/winter-2019/david-alan-hall-hollywood-ghostwriter/
So... Does Alan know you hijacked his account? :)

Nice article. Thanks for posting!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Omg that post scared me for a second! I thought something happened to Carab!

I thank all of you for making a true to original broadcast Fugitive release a reality!!!!

That is, though, a lovely article. Nice to know more about a really nice fella I’ve only spoken to on here.

Last edited:

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Good and interesting article, which includes a link to Alan's "Fixing the Fugitive" YouTube video from 2013. I wasn't aware of the video until now, and is an amazing coincidence... due to the fact that the Fugitive Season 2 Episode 1, "Man in a Chariot", features prominently in the video's narrative of fixing the audio, and I had just logged-in, read these current thread posts, the linked article and the linked video within the article --moments after finishing watching "Man in a Chariot", as part of my weekly chronological re-viewing of Fugitive episodes from my Most Wanted box set! :cool:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Omg that post scared me for a second! I thought something happened to Carab!

I thank all of you for making a true to original broadcast Fugitive release a reality!!!!

That is, though, a lovely article. Nice to know more about a really nice fella I’ve only spoken to on here.
Same here as soon as I read "Mrs. Carab here, Alan's wife." - I was hesitant to read more in case it was bad news. But the next sentence allayed those fears!

That article *really* makes me want to know more about the other things Alan's fixed.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Mrs. Carab again...I don't know how to do that quote thing and my husband kindly suggested if I wanted to post anymore after this message that he will get me my own account. First, you're welcome Mike Frezon. You are right about Alan. He is the nicest person I have ever known, and we have been married a long time.

ScottRE I am sorry I gave you and Bob O'Link a scare. Apologies. Nice to know my husband is well regarded around here, though.

Bob O'Link: My husband has been personally responsible for pairing some of the greatest scripts in Hollywood history with some of the greatest actors. As a fixer, he's fixed a lot of stuff on Star Trek, The Fugitive, The Twilight Zone, and Lost In Space (he tried unsuccessfully to fix Gomer Pyle, but he really tried). Those are the only ones I can talk about because he's posted about them on his FB account. Right now he's working on the special features of a really cool 4K for a big movie releasing later this year, but that's all I can say. My favorite was his work with Margot Kidder. They were close. He's currently writing a memoir about her.

Ok my husband is tapping his fingers. If I see you all again it looks like it will be from my own account. - Mrs. Carab

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.