What's new

Fuel Guage not working after taking apart dash? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Okay, so my friend has a 1988 Chevy Cavalier, and he just bought some speakers for the front. Except the angle between the winshield and the dash is too tight for the speakers to be put in through the top, so he had to go through the dash.

So he took off the faceplate for the insturment panel, and then begun to unscrew the screws that held the insturment panel. So the isnturment panel is loose except there was not enogh clearance in the dash to be able to pull it out. So i suggested he get the CHILTONS repair guide and do it next day. So he's putting it back together, but then when he starts the car, the gas guage just goes counterclockwise (towards the 'full' end) and stops at a 90-degree angle. The guage reads from 4o'clock to 8o'clock if it was a clock. It now stays at the 3o'clock position.

How is the fuel guage connected? Did he pull a wire loose from the back of the insturment panel?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Okay nevermind, today we took apart the dash to install some speakers, when we put it back together the gauge started tow ork again

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I guees you can answer your own questions .... ain't you special:)

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks