What's new

FTA and DVR's (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
OK, WTF is an FTA? :)

In all seriousness, I'm not familiar with that abbreviation, so have no idea what an "FTA receiver" might be. Maybe others are in the same boat, hence the lack of replies.

Regards,

Joe

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
All you need to do is do a Google search for FTA, but it is a satellite receiver that picks up Dish Network channels...LOTS OF THEM. FTA stands for Free To Air.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

My experience with Google is that entering a simple three-letter combination like "FTA" can return a million completely unrelated responses, and deciding which one is relevant can be tricky when the whole reason you're Googling is that you're not familiar with the term. But thanks for the tip. :)

Joe

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Are you kidding me with this? Then type in FTA Satellite Receiver and see what you get. C'mon, do I need to hold your hand for this? ;)

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
Are you referring to C-Band MPEG2 FTA receivers? They are the only ones I'm familiar with (like Pansat).

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Yes there are the Pansat and Fortec receivers. They are most common. But mine is not C-Band, I can tell you that much. It uses a standard sized satellite dish and I think C-Band uses those much larger dishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks