What's new

FT: my $300, want your DirecTV HDTV STB (1 Viewer)

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
I know $300 isn't much for a DirecTV HDTV receiver, however that is the maximum negotiated allotment I have available (read: wife will flip out if I spend more). Even after I get the receiver, I still need antenna, cable, component cables, upgraded dish...

With my limitation in mind, I'll take a beggers-can't-be-chosers approach and not really limit the models I'm interested in. The only one I don't really want is the RCA DTC100. I want it to be a DirecTV-capable though, because I have my fingers crossed for ESPN-HD.

All I ask is that it be in good working order. If you send me a PM, say so in a response to this post. I'm not in the habit of checking there. You can also email me at ralph.15 @ osu.edu

gaspar ferreiro

Auditioning
As statted in other posting on this forum, a store in Florida called brandsmart USA (http://www.brandsmart.com) has the hughes hird e-86 for 298, requiring a one year subscription (if you currently have direct tv, you can just renew for a year).
Besides, this box allready comes with component cables and an ir/rf remote that works through walls, and some extra stuff.
So check the website to see if you can call and order by mail, ro else have someone in florida buy one for ya. At a worst case scenario, you can try pricematching with antoehr store that ahs price match policy.

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply Gaspar. I did see that in another thread. I called them to see if they would ship out of state, and they said they could not. I didn't think about trying to pricematch, though I'm not sure it would work since I don't have their price in printed form (no ad, not on website).

If someone wants to buy it and ship it to me, well I'll accept that!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks