FS: Yamaha SW800 powered subwoofer

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Justin Hargis, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Justin Hargis

Justin Hargis Stunt Coordinator

If you're looking for that perfect sub, then look no further. This is the one for you. [​IMG]

I love this sub. So, I hate to sell it, but I need some money for Christmas. The sub is extremely powerful and in excellent condition. You won't be disappointed.

I'll post a picture of it in a little bit.

Asking Price: $300 plus shipping

Additionally, I'll throw in the Monster Subwoofer Y-cable I use with it.

Here are some specs from Yamaha's website:

ADVANCED ACTIVE SERVO TECHNOLOGY
    Yamaha's Advanced Active Servo Technology is a complementary amplifier/speaker system utilizing negative impedance feedback in the amp and a Helmholtz resonator in the speaker to provide strong and accurate bass from small speakers.

10-INCH DRIVER AND 1000 WATT AMPLIFIER
    High amplifier power assures enough power to deliver shattering movie theater-like bass effects and the downfiring 10-inch driver translates the power into clear bass sound. The YST-SW800 has a frequency range of 18 to 170 Hz.

BASS SELECTOR
    Yamaha's BASS selector tailors the sub's output for video or music at the touch of a switch.

MAGNETIC SHIELDING
    The subwoofer is magnetically shielded so it can be placed near a TV monitor or receiver without fear that it will degrade the picture.

CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE HIGH-CUT FILTER
    The user adjustable continuously variable high-cut filter sets the highest frequency the subwoofer will deliver. It can be set anywhere from 40 to 140 Hz. For instance, if the filter is set at 75 Hz, only frequencies 75 Hz or below will be delivered by the subwoofer. This allows the sub's output to be matched to the other speakers in the system and the room's acoustics for a seamless presentation.

VOLUME CONTROL
    The volume control permits the perfect matching of the sub's output to the overall volume of the system.

SIGNAL SENSING ON/OFF
    For convenience, the YST-SW800 has a signal sensing circuit. When the subwoofer detects an audio signal, it turns its power on. When it senses no signal for several minutes, it shuts itself off.

PHASE NORMAL/REVERSE SWITCH
    Makes it easy to phase the subwoofer with the other speakers in your system.

DUAL INPUTS
    Two sets of inputs allow the versatile subwoofer to accept either line level or speaker level input signals.

HEAVY-DUTY SPEAKER TERMINALS
    Yamaha's three-way speaker terminals accept banana plug and a variety of other connectors, as well as speaker wire.

BLACK ASH FINISH
    Handsome black ash finish blends in with room decor and complements many furnishing styles.

RIGID MDF CONSTRUCTION
    The YST-SW800's cabinet is constructed of MDF to increase rigidity and reduce vibration and resonance.

If you go here you can check out my ebay/half.com feedback, my name is divefraggle. I currently have 100% positive feedback. I accept paypal only, thanks.

2. SecondHandGlory

SecondHandGlory Auditioning

Consider it sold.... What do you need for packaging and handling. I'll have UPS pick it up on my account... Thanks... Jerryl

3. SecondHandGlory

Sorry, forgot the most important part. Please send me an email ([email protected]) or call (202) 330-3444 so we can swap contact information and make payment arrangements. Thanks... Jerryl

4. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

This post is 4 years old...

5. SecondHandGlory

I Guess I need a few more minutes to decode the posting DTG on this forum. Thanks....

6. Justin Hargis

Justin Hargis Stunt Coordinator

lol
    I actually still have this subwoofer. However, I've decided to keep it and glad I did.

Thanks for the interest even if I posted this thread four years ago. [​IMG]