FS: Yamaha RP-U200 Cavit Personal Receiver External Audio for PC or Mac $150 OBO

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Jerry_W, May 23, 2005.

1. Jerry_W

Jerry_W Auditioning

I have a brand new never used Yamaha RP-U200 available for purchase. I bought it over a year ago but never ended up using it because I got lazy and bought a stereo system for my TV. The only thing missing from the box is the UPC label which I cut out for a rebate submission. The original MSRP for this was $449.

Here is a review from CNET: ecoustics-cnet.com.com/4505-6462_7-7456829.html?part=ecoustics-cnet
    Here is a review from Inside Mac Games: insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=219

The following information is gathered from the Yamaha website: yamahamultimedia.com/yec/products/cavit/rpu200.asp
    -----
    RP-U200
    CAVIT EXTERNAL AUDIO SOUNDBOARD RECEIVER

RP-U200 receiver is the ultimate discreet audio system available for computers. Convert your computer into a PC-gamers dream machine. With plenty of power to all 5 channels this systems is ideal for Movies, Music and More. Get into the action; immerse yourself in computer games, and DVD movies directly from your computer. With Yamaha's new features including Dolby Digital and DTS for computer use this system is way ahead of the rest. Are you serious about gaming and are ready to enjoy your audio? Then this system is a must have!

DIGITAL HOME THEATER RECEIVER FOR THE PC
    The RP-U200 is a 5-channel receiver featuring DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1-channel decoding, 5-channel amplifier and FM stereo tuner that connect to a Computer via USB cable.

HIGH POWERED AMPLIFIER
    The RP-U200 has a power amplifier that delivers 14 watts RMS to each of its five discrete channels.

DISCRETE AND VIRTUAL SURROUND
    The receiver provides 2/4/5.1 channels of discrete Dolby Digital and DTS decoding. In addition, it can deliver virtual Dolby Digital and DTS — an incredible surround experience using only two speakers.

MULTI-FORMAT DIGITAL CAPABILITY
    The RP-U200 is compatible with all audio formats from the computer including MP3, WMA, DVD, Computer Games, Extended Wave virtual Multi-Channel sound, and Direct Sound 3D, as well as providing Yamaha's DSP.

MULTI-CHANNEL SOUND VIA USB
    Rather than process audio within the computer, the RP-U200 is linked to a Computer via a USB cable that takes the audio from the computer digitally for processing within the amplifier's processor. The result is a pure and accurate audio signal.

FM TUNER
    The "Tuner" input button activates the RP-U200’s onboard FM stereo radio. The presets are stored on the PC’s hard drive and activated via software GUI. Stations can be grouped by category–Rock, Classical, Talk, etc.– or each group can be assigned to a family member. Each category can hold up to 8 stations, and the first five categories can be accessed from the receiver as well as from the computer.

VERSATILE RECORDING CAPABILITY
    The RP-U200 provides a bridge to record any analog to digital, digital to digital on to your hard drive while at the same time include the DSP effects to your recordings.

24-BIT / 96 kHz AUDIO PLAYBACK
    True digital audio fidelity from sources.

SOPHISTICATED DIGITAL EQUALIZER
    The RP-U200 features a sophisticated 7-band equalizer that's adjustable through 13 steps.

FULL PC USER INTERFACE CONTROL
    The RP-U200 can be easily controlled via the GUI (graphical user interface) supplied with the unit.

REMOTE CONTROL
    The unit comes with an easy-to-use remote control.

MULTIPLE INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
    Inputs include 3 computer inputs via USB, Digital (coaxial/optical), and Analog. Aux. 1 provides an analog input and a digital optical input. Aux. 2 has an analog input. In addition, the amplifier has analog and digital outputs with subwoofer output and headphone outputs.

YAMAHA DSP ENGINE
    Yamaha's YSS-928 ASIC — Application Specific Integrated Circuit — provides Silent Cinema surround for headphones and virtual Surround. Same Chipset is found on Yamaha High Performance Home Theater Products.

MULTI-PLATFORM
    The RP-U200 is compatible with Win98, Win98SE, Win ME, Win2000, Mac OS 9.1 or higher.

In addition to the CAVIT unit and the remote control, the package also includes a USB cable, operational manual, setup manual, Installation CD-ROM, warranty information and registration card.

SPECIFICATIONS

Back Panel
    DIGITAL INPUTS
    USB
    COAX / Optical input
    Aux 1 optical input

ANALOG INPUTS
    PC input
    Aux 1 input
    Aux 2 input
    FM antenna

DIGITAL OUTPUTS
    Optical output

ANALOG OUTPUTS
    Preamp Recording output
    Subwoofer Output
    Headphone Output

SPEAKER TERMINALS
    Front L & R speakers
    Center speaker
    Rear L & R speakers

Operating System Requirements:
    Microsoft Windows 98/98SE, Windows ME or Windows 2000 Professional & USB port OR Macintosh OS 9.1 or higher & USB port
    Minimum RMS Output Power per Channel
    20 W + 20 W (20Hz-20kHz, 6 W , 0.4% THD)
    Input Sensitivity/Impedance
    PC IN, AUX1 IN, etc. — 150mV/35kW
    Maximum Input Signal Level
    PC IN, AUX1 IN, etc. — 2.1V
    Output Level/Impedance
    REC OUT — 150mV/2.0kW
    SUBWOOFER — 2.0V/1.7kW
    Headphone Jack Rated Output/Impedance
    PC IN, AUX1 IN, etc. — 320mV/61W
    Frequency Response (20Hz-20kHz)
    PC IN, AUX1 IN, etc. — +/-1dB
    Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz-20kHz)
    PC IN, AUX1 IN, etc to speaker out — 0.06%
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A-Network)
    PC IN, AUX1 IN, etc to pre-out — 90dB
    USB to speaker out — 85dB
    Residual Noise (IHF-A-Network)
    PRE OUT — -68dB or less
    Dimensions (W x H x D)
    4" x 11 9/16" x 14"
    Weight
    12.2 lbs.

2. looking09

looking09 Auditioning

did u ever get that RP-u200 yamaha and if u did please contact me .

Daavon