What's new

FS: Vintage Yamaha Amplifier M4 (1 Viewer)

JoeGibs

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this amp about 2 months ago on ebay with the intention of powering two 12" subs with it. After everything was installed, I figured out one of the subs were blown. I then shortly after that realized that this amp really isnt meant to drive subs, so I tried FMod lowpass filters, which filtered the sound for the most part but still didnt work like I wanted. The amp is in great condition, there's no major blemishes, both output level bars work and light up perfectly. If there were once lights behind the Power/A/B buttons, they've been out since I received the amp. From what i've read about the amp, the lights are easy to replace, I just never saw any need to do so. Since i'm still a n00b on the forum, I cant post links. If you'd like to see the ebay auction page, or my ebay feedback send me a PM and i'll send you the link(s). If it doesnt allow me to send links in PM for some reason i'll just e-mail them to you. My asking price is 120 dollars plus shipping. I'll figure exact shipping costs after your postal code is given to me.

forgot to mention, rated power for this amplifier is 120 watts per channel @ 8 ohms, and someone told me (not sure about this) that it gives 170 watts per channel at 4 ohms.

JoeGibs

Stunt Coordinator
c'mon, someone wants it :D

i'd like to sell this soon so i can ship it out while im at home from college for thanksgiving break.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Ya hey -

I'm in the Twin Cities - if things work out on another purchase I'm trying to make, we can meet in the middle (Emma Krumbee's or something farther south?)

Let me know at [email protected]. Send me the links you mention...

Thanks -

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
The M-4 is a very nice amp, I had one for a long time and am still kicking myself for selling it and the companion C-4 preamp to finance an HT receiver. :angry: If I didn't have a Sherbourn amp in my system now I might consider picking this baby up myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks