FS: Vintage Marantz amp & preamp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett_H, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Brett_H

Brett_H Second Unit

All,
    I've decided to sell these items which were originally intended to be used in a two-channel system in my yet-to-be-purchased home.
    Marantz Model 3200 Preamp
    Vintage Marantz Model 3200 Preamp in good to very good condition. I’ve tested all but the phono inputs (as I don’t currently have a turntable) and the tape out jacks (again, I have no recording equipment to verify) and they work perfectly with no scratch or hiss. There is also no scratchiness when switching between the various inputs or EQ settings. There are a few scratches on the top and bottom of the unit from where it was mounted in the optional wooden case, which can be seen in the pictures located at the URL below. All lettering is in tact on the faceplate and rear of the unit. The unit comes with the original box, but not the original packing material. I do not have the owners manual, but I do have a schematic diagram dated 5-10-1975 which I will include. Weight is approx 10 lbs.
    More information/specs can be found here:
    Marantz Model 3200 Details Page on www.classic-audio.com
    Pictures can be found here:
    Marantz Gear for sale.
    Marantz Model 140 Power Amplifier
    Vintage Marantz Model 140 Power Amplifier in good to very good condition. The only flaw I was able to find is that the rightmost bulb on the right channel output meter is out, so that side of the display is dim. This should be an easy repair, however I’m not that skilled with electronics repair so I felt it best to leave this alone. There are no scratches on the unit. I do have the optional wooden case, which can be seen in the pictures located at the URL below. All lettering is in tact on the faceplate and rear of the unit. I do not have the owners manual, but I do have a schematic diagram dated 2-20-1975 which I will include. Weight is approx 25 lbs.
    More information/specs can be found here:
    Marantz Model 0140 Details Page on www.classic-audio.com
    Pictures can be found here: Marantz Gear for sale
    Shipping: Buyer pays. I will only ship with insurance, but I will be willing to use your choice of carrier (UPS, FedEx, or USPS). I will double-box for shipping.
    Prices:
    Model 3200 Preamp - $200 OBO
    Model 140 Amp - $350 OBO
    Wooden Cases - $75 each OBO
    Or take them all for $550.
    I can be reached at brett_haney {at} yahoo.com

2. Brett_H

Brett_H Second Unit

Did I mention the OBO part?

If you're within a reasonable distance, I'd also be willing to meet somewhere for delivery...

Thanks,
    -Brett.

3. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Where is Mayfield village, Ohio, I just moved to Columbus, Ohio

4. Brett_H

Brett_H Second Unit

Guy,

Mayfield Village is just east of Cleveland. We're a little over 2 hours from C-bus...

EDIT: Did I mention that I'd consider meeting halfway?

-Brett.

5. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

I would love to have the amp, cant have enough amps, but 2 projects in front, may get everything cleared up by midweek if so I will get back to you, my companys HQ in in Cleveland, its been awhile. . . .

6. Brett_H

Brett_H Second Unit

Still available, price negotiable.

-Brett.