FS: Vintage Marantz 2226B Receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Brown, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Chris Brown

Chris Brown Stunt Coordinator

-
    I have a vintage Marantz 2226B Receiver that I got 2nd hand, but since I already have quite a few Vintage receivers, it's just been sitting on my floor for a while.
    $50 OBO
    I'm also looking to pick up an old laserdisc player, nothing fancy, just a basic laserdisc player. If your interested in a trade.
    you can email me at lantrocity.com][email protected][nospam]lantrocity.com for a faster response. Remove "[nospam]"

2. Chris Brown

-
    Oh, and another thing is that this receiver has pre-outs, so you could hook up an external amplifier if you wanted to.

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Chris, I may be interested but what condition is it in? And how does it sound?

Thanks

4. Chris Brown

-
    It's in great condition, with no dents or dings that I can see. The knobs are a little crackly, but that's nothing I havn't seen with all the other hundreds of vintage receivers i've had my hands on in the past. Ususally a little cleaning takes care of that nicely. On that same note, if you crack open the case, it's a dustfest inside, but again nothing I havn't seen with all my other receivers.

Basically, it's in great condition, just showing the typical traits of a receiver that old. I have not had time to do extensive testing on the sound quality, being that I just got my HT hooked up nicely, and don't want to disconnect my main speakers. When I hooked up a pair of sony bookshelves, it sounded very nice, similar to the pioneer's of the era. Very nice.

5. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

YGM! [​IMG]

6. Chris Brown

-
    Still up for grabs. The blue light from the front display and the unique tunning wheel are things you simply don't find in today's receivers. If I had a son this would be a hand-me-down for sure.

7. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

I'm somebody's son...

8. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

does it have the optional wood case?

9. Chris Brown

-
    No it does not, just the simple black metal case over the rear.

10. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

ah ok. I'm not interested in buying but I'd just like to say that this is a great receiver for the money. I've got a 2235B that I'm crazy about. Remember that power ratings back then were across all channels....full bandwidth....for a long period of time. Mine is only 35wpc and I never turn it past 1/3.