What's new

FS: Vintage Marantz 2226B Receiver (1 Viewer)

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
I have a vintage Marantz 2226B Receiver that I got 2nd hand, but since I already have quite a few Vintage receivers, it's just been sitting on my floor for a while.
$50 OBO
I'm also looking to pick up an old laserdisc player, nothing fancy, just a basic laserdisc player. If your interested in a trade.
you can email me at lantrocity.com]GotNoRice@[nospam]lantrocity.com for a faster response. Remove "[nospam]"

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
Oh, and another thing is that this receiver has pre-outs, so you could hook up an external amplifier if you wanted to.

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
It's in great condition, with no dents or dings that I can see. The knobs are a little crackly, but that's nothing I havn't seen with all the other hundreds of vintage receivers i've had my hands on in the past. Ususally a little cleaning takes care of that nicely. On that same note, if you crack open the case, it's a dustfest inside, but again nothing I havn't seen with all my other receivers.

Basically, it's in great condition, just showing the typical traits of a receiver that old. I have not had time to do extensive testing on the sound quality, being that I just got my HT hooked up nicely, and don't want to disconnect my main speakers. When I hooked up a pair of sony bookshelves, it sounded very nice, similar to the pioneer's of the era. Very nice.

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
Still up for grabs. The blue light from the front display and the unique tunning wheel are things you simply don't find in today's receivers. If I had a son this would be a hand-me-down for sure.

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
ah ok. I'm not interested in buying but I'd just like to say that this is a great receiver for the money. I've got a 2235B that I'm crazy about. Remember that power ratings back then were across all channels....full bandwidth....for a long period of time. Mine is only 35wpc and I never turn it past 1/3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks