What's new

FS: very nice HTPC! (1 Viewer)

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
i am debating selling off my HTPC. The case itself is one of 53 total in existance that i made for myself and a few members here at AVS. I don't know what i should charge for the whole thing but here is a list of hardware installed:

custom case (see attached image)
Asus P4PE mobo
Intel P4 2.4 processor
quality 256 megs of ram
basically new Toshiba dvd rom
Radeon 9600 video card
RME Digi 96/8 high end soundcard
Matrix Orbital 4 line vfd with cables
Irman remote unit
Airboard receiver and wireless keyboard/mouse
Seagate Barracuda 80 gig hard drive (very quiet drive)
quiet case fan

software:

girder 3.0
Windows XP SP2
Theatertek DVD
some other software but the above most noteable.

I have kept my HTPC pretty basic, just for DVD playback. Just add a HDTV card and you have a complete high end HTPC solution for HDTV recording, etc. As you can see all the good stuff is already installed, will entertain offers and go from there. Unit has been in storage for 6 months and is in excellent condition (while building my house). Very fast and stable as is, never OCed. Please email with questions. Picture was taken from a fellow AVS member, credit goes to him. I can provide actual pics of the unit upon request, the pictured case and mine both look identical except i have a VFD installed and Jeff has an LCD display installed in his.

price: $1000

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Serge how have you been :)
Please Email me some additional pictures.
How many internal 3.5" drive bays?
Also, id like to see that case with the lcd.

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
Jerry,

i have been good, you? I don't buy often but you have been the best guy to deal with...a real pleasure. I'll snap some pics and send them out. My wife may have our digital cam today though, she's gone to a wedding shower out of town. I'll do this tonight depending on if the kids behave.

Oh, there are two 3.5 internal drive bays.

There are 2 5.25 bays also, i use one for the dvd rom (lower bay) while the other is used to house the irman receiver behind the smoked glass. I will include another anodized aluminum cover to whomever buys the package, this will allow you to remove the glass and install another dvd drive to suit to your needs.

Jason Monette

Second Unit
That is an awesome looking case. Would you be willing to tell me how you put that thing together? I am building the ultimate PC for my home and that case is perfect for what i am going for?

Drop me an email if you would?

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
sale pending:frowning:

Jason,

if you want some details i am always willing to help if i can, just shoot me a PM or email. This HTPC is very hard to let go but it's going to the right person!

Nisi

Auditioning
I'd like some info myself on where you acquired the case. Nice looking machine!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks