FS: TW40X81 ISF calibrated Toshiba 40 inch 16x9 widescreen w/stand in CA

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JaredB, Jan 30, 2002.

1. JaredB

JaredB Agent

If you're ready to move up to widescreen, or looking for a 16x9 RPTV for your bedroom - this is it.
    This set has only been used for DVDs and HiDef material, so there is no burn in. It was ISF calibrated early on and the grayscale is perfect. I have hardly had time to watch this set since buying it new and as a result there should be TONS of life left in this TV.
    It is only available if you can come pick it up so I guess Southern California only (I'm in Los Angeles). It has been fully tweaked out - lined with duvetyne, SVM disconnected, custom made duvetyne mattes, you name it. (even the one-for-all remote in case you want to change the sidebars black) I'd really like to sell it on the forum since a buyer on ebay won't appreciate the above.
    It comes with a custom built stand on wheels (almost exactly like the one Dave Frattaroli built, you can see a picture of his on http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/index.htm under 'general info'/'building your HT' / 'Do-It-Yourself Stand'. The Toshiba stand puts the set a little too high, mine puts the center of the screen exactly at eye level.
    I would also be willing to throw in the custom shelf I made for the center channel speaker should you want it.
    Includes an extended warranty providing in home service that is good for over a year. (expires March '03)
    All this for $1400 or best offer. (far less than half of what I have invested in this) I think someone out there will get a great deal.(I'm tempted to keep it for my bedroom)
    Please email me privately with any questions, or to arrange a time to see the set. Thanks.

2. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker
    Hi Jared,

I have a TW40X81 myself. Should your buyer not want your stand and/or center channel shelf, I would be interested in those. Since I am in Torrance, pick up shouldn't be a problem for me.

To those considering his set, I can speak from experience...an ISF calibrated TW40X81 is a great performer. I have had mine for 2+ years and absolutely love it.

-Keith

3. JaredB

JaredB Agent

Keith,
    I'll let you know what happens. [​IMG]

4. JaredB

JaredB Agent

So far I have two people coming by to take a look.

Anyone else?

5. JaredB

JaredB Agent

Still available, price has been reduced to $1200.

6. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

Dammit[​IMG]
    Why don't you live in Milwaukee ??
    Nice price for a nice setup.[​IMG]

7. JaredB

JaredB Agent

^Bump^

Still available.

8. JaredB

JaredB Agent

: (