What's new

FS: Toshiba TW56X81 56" 16x9 Altanta Area (1 Viewer)

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
Please see here for specs:
Link Removed
Almost 2 years old exactly (From time of purchase).
Paid 3500 new - Have receipt for verification.
Excellent condition. Minor cosmetic damage to the back.
(The pressboard cover for the 'guts' was removed and lying on the floor and received and small puncture. About 2 inches big.)
Inside covered with Duvetyne fabric to reduce reflections.
SVM already disabled.
No burn in or uneven CRT wear.
All convergence since time of purchase done with 64 point service mode and not the 9 point regular mode.
Used exclusively in low light condition with the brightness at reference level.
Works perfectly. Power supply portion replaced. (These models initially had what I think was referred to as a 'power arc' problem. My set blinked out so they replaced the offending board.)
Works perfectly. Great picture.
All manuals, remote, etc.
Dusted regularly.
Cared for like a child.
I need to sell it because I am going to be moving and I don't have room for it. It's a wonderful set and I hate to see it go. I will more than likely replace it with the 40 inch Toshiba model.
$800 or best offer.
I will entertain ALL reasonable offers.
E-MAIL CONTACT PREFERRED.
My e-mail address is

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
First, you have to list a price...it's a rule.
Second, why can't you people selling TVs live in the central Indiana area...HUH? Would it be so much trouble!?
hehe :)

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
First, you have to list a price...it's a rule.
Second, why can't you people selling TVs live in the central Indiana area...HUH? Would it be so much trouble!?
Sorry didn't know about the price rule.
Um how about $800 or best offer. I edited the post above to reflect that.
If you want to pay to have it freighted and buy it sight unseen I'll sell it to you. :)

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
....somebody better buy this, I would almost move to atlanta to get this thing for $800.

amazing price.

-ELmO

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
And since Patrick is such a nice guy...he's going to volunteer to bring me the TV. A round of applause for Patrick :)
I want this TV so bad! I need to start looking at real estate in the Atlanta area :)

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
I'm awaiting an email as well. I have already called some truck rental places :D
I figure I've never been to a Braves game, so why not make it a baseball roadtrip!

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Damn good price if you ask me. IF you have any trouble selling it here (I can't imagine you would) you can always post it to the two Atlanta HT club sites:
Link Removed
Link Removed

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
And for any of you GA boys, Ill be in your area June 1-15 (not to mention TN, AL, and, AR). Send me an email if you want a calibration. Ive already added Patrick to the list. Chris R, Ive sent you an email too :)
Regards
Gregg

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
Okay whoa! I didn't realize there would be this many people interested. To everyone who sent me an e-mail I will be responding shortly with some more details.
A Few quick things:
I will more that likely not be able to have anyone come by to look at it until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest.
I should be able to schedule time during the week as well.
I will accept the best offer which does not mean there will be a bidding war. 800$ was the lowest I would go. I am a motivated seller. If I wanted to do an auction I'd put it on e-bay. So make a fair offer and it will be duly considered. If there are several offers at the same price range It will be whomever e-mailed me first and/or I have the feeling is making a genuine offer and is not going to be trouble.
Sorry if that sounds mean but I got a nasty e-mail from the first person I responded to. I chalk that up to misunderstanding.
Local buyers will take preference over out-of-towners.
I'm drafting up an e-mail now with all kinds of details. Where I am, things to consider before buying etc.
Thanks for the responses. I really thought that I wouldn't be able to sell it. It's a great TV but it is huge and I didn't know there was such a big after-market for used RPTVs like this.
Alright I'm off to draw up the adoption papers. :)

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
Here is the e-mail I sent out tonight. Sorry to the out-of-town guys. Just not worth it on my end. :frowning:
If you didn't get the e-mail I apologize. It is first come first serve. If everyone falls through and decides they aren't interested I will let you know.

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
Seems like a fair way to handle it.
Although I was really looking forward to a road trip and a Braves game :angry:
Guess I'll have to keep trying to find tickets for my beloved Redwings!!
Good luck on the sale Roby
Gregg, I never got your email or a response to my PM to you a week or so ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks