FS: Toshiba TW40X81 HDTV (ISF’d) in Toronto, Canada

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Albert Lee, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Albert Lee

Albert Lee Auditioning

Any Toronto members looking to move up to a 16x9 HD set? It is a heavy unit and I would be looking for a local pick-up. I'm in the west-end (427/Bloor).

I bought this great 40 inch Toshiba RPTV 4 years ago and had it ISF calibrated right out of the box. It has had annual check-ups and re-converged each time by the same ISF technician (Dave Bott – Laserland). Phenomenal set - great with DVD through component ins. Have never had a problem with it. Just moving to a smaller place and need to sell it before end of month.

The unit is super-clean without a scratch on it. It hasn’t been moved since I opened it.

I paid $3400CDN for it and plus the $450CDN to have it calibrated.

I’m looking to get $1500CDN OBO.

I also have an IKEA shelf system (no longer made by IKEA) that the set fits perfectly in (depth and width wise) and acts as a centre speaker shelf. If you’re interested in it too, we can work something out.

I took some pics of Hellboy on it and will post soon.

Contact Albert at: atlee@sympatico.ca

I hate to let it go – I just learned about all these tweaks that you can do on my set! Just check out keohi.com!

OH! I do accept paypal as well!

Thanks for looking!
    Al

2. Albert Lee

Albert Lee Auditioning

Here's a shot I took of my set last week while I was watching a rental of Hellboy. Man! Its hard taking pics of a movie with a digital camera in the quasi-dark! I had to pause it, but I think it doesn't look too too bad.

If you go to:
    members.rogers.com/alee9900/tvpic1.jpg

you can see a pic of my set. I haven't posted enough times to embed URLs in my posts - d'oh.

AL