What's new

FS: Toshiba 50H81 50" 16:9 HD Ready RPTV - Pickup Only in SF Bay Area (1 Viewer)

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
Its upgrade time and Im moving into front projection so Im selling my Toshiba 50H81 with a best buy 4 year service plan that has 2.5 years left on it.

As stated above, this is a 50" 16:9 HD Ready RPTV. I've had it for a year and a half and have been extremely happy with it. HDTV looks stunning in 1080i on this sucker and DVD movies come to life. The TV is in excellent condition with no problems or defects.

The TV was $2500 brand new and the BestBuy service plan was $300. You would pay $1750 shipped (before tax), with a 90 day warranty, online for a refurbished model.

Im selling this with a 2.5 year warranty *for pickup only* for $1800.

If you have any problems with the TV in the next two years the service plan will facilitate having someone come out to your home and examine the set. You wont have to carry it anywhere or pay for any expensive repairs.

Included with the TV is the remote and manuals. I'll leave you with details of the TV:

VIDEO

HDTV Compatible
New IDSC-Pro (Intelligent Digital Scan Conversion) (540p/1080i)
Advanced Digital Video Noise Reduction
New High Contrast PowerFocus™ HC Lens System
PowerFocus™ HD CRTs
New TouchFocus™ Auto Digital Convergence
Built-in High Contrast TheaterShield™
New Ambient Light Sensor (ALS)
New Dynamic Contrast
New Cinema Mode (3/2 Pull Down)
16:9 Wide Aspect Ratio
TheaterWide® Modes
Red & Green Color Lens Filters
First Surface Mirror
Wide 160° Horizontal Viewing Angle
Theatre Bright Screen with SLD
3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter (4MB, 10 Bit) with Vertical Contour Correction
Wide-Band Video Amplifier
Advanced Velocity Scan Modulation
Dynamic Quadruple Focus
AUDIO

SRS 3D® Sound
Sub Bass System (SBS)
MTS Stereo/SAP with dbx®
30 Watts Audio (Total)
CONVENIENCE

Back Lit Universal Remote Control
DoubleWindow (Split Screen) Dual-Tuner Picture-In-Picture (PIP)
New 2-Level Mute
New Speed Surf
New Front Panel Lock-out
New One Button Sleep Timer
Trilingual Color Icon On-Screen Display
2 Sets of ColorStream HD Component Video Inputs (Y, Pr, Pb)
2 Rear A/V Inputs
2 Rear S-Video Inputs
2 RF Inputs
Front Panel A/V/S Inputs
Center Channel Audio Input
A/V Outputs
Variable Audio Output
DIMENSIONS

Unit Dimensions: (measured diagonally)
H: 50 3/8"
W: 46 1/8"
D: 21 2/3"
Unit Weight: 193 lbs

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
Price lowered to $1700. Im taking this off the market next week. E-mail me if youre interested.

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
My deal fell through. But on the upside, I've lowered the price to $1600 or the best offer.

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
Almost 200 views and no offers?

The lowest price I've seen for this is $1499 for a refurbed unit. And thats with only a 90 day warranty! It's at least another $150 for the extended warranty. That's $1650!

If you buy this from me you get the TV with a 2.5 year warranty all for $1450!

Actually no, $1400 and it's yours. You really can't go wrong here, this TV works perfectly and displays a marvelous image.

Send me an e-mail if youre interested.

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
A lot of people are looking at this thread. That tells me that 1) these people are in the market for an RPTV, and 2) they live in the Bay Area.

That said, can I assume youre holding out for me to lower the price to a specific number? If so, send me an e-mail with your offer. Im flexible.

Tell you what, I'll even sweeten the deal. If youre in Marin county I will deliver the TV to your home. And if youre outside of Marin but relatively close I'll still deliver it!

Come on, $1400 for a 50" 16:9 HDTV with a 2.5 year warranty and free delivery! It doesnt get much better than that!

This is a great deal, so send me an e-mail, post here in this thread... something!

This TV will amaze you and you'll fall in love with it right away! Youre friends will all be jealous! And they wont believe the price you paid for it!!!

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
Over 300 posts and still no interest...? Id have thought that with so many people checking this out some more would have come forward.

I had one offer in the works and that fell through. So I wanted to elaborate a bit more and make my absolute final price drop.

You will find the 50H81 selling for $1500 - $2000. However, most of the lower priced units are refurbs and only come with 90 day warranties. If you choose to purchase their extended warranty plans you will pay an additional $150 on average. So if you were to purchase the least expensive one with it's 2 year warranty you would pay a minimum of $1650.

I have however had less luck finding any used 50h81s in general, let alone at prices under $1000. But assuming you find used 50H81s for $600-$1000, you have to take into account many factors. What condition is it in (visual blemishes, electronic issues, etc.), how long it has been in use and the environment it was used in, Any repairs it may have had and of what nature, warranty period remaining on the unit, etc.

My 50H81 has been coddled. I have no children or pets and a non smoking home theater and obsesively take care of the condition of the TV and it is in pretty much perfect condition. The TV has been in use for 1 year and eight months and has never had or needed a repair or service of any kind. And best of all, there is still an inhome BestBuy service warranty left on the TV that does not expire until 10/19/05. I severly doubt you will find a 50H81 in this condition and with this warranty coverage anywhere for anything near under $1000.

All that being said, my asking price of $1400 is extremely fair for this TV.

However, I would be willing to go as low as $1350. But this is the lowest that I would be willing to go.

With all things considered, and the TV in the condition it is in, I am already losing out by agreeing to sell the TV as low as $1350, and it would be simply foolish to go any lower. This is handsdown the BEST deal you will find.

All things being considered.

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
Almost 600 views now? Thats almost 300 views in the past couple of hours... Anyone interested?

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
Yesterday I had the Warranty company come out and realign the guns and calibrate the convergence settings. The image looks even better now than it did new.

This is a great deal. Any takers?

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
I'll give you a little support here, Raul. I actually own one of these and am extremely happy with it. It is a very nice unit, great pic, plenty of inputs on back. etc. And, that is a helluva deal, especially with the extended warranty. Come on, someone buy this already!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks