FS: The heart of my previous AMD based HTPC

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Vince Maskeeper, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I went with an Intel Based Asus last year to be better prepared for WM9 HD content, and have these components looking for a home. These, coupled with a Radeon card and Theatertek were my first HTPC system with my NEC projector, and served some duties as an audio editing machine:

Epox 8KHA+ Motherboard
    Amd Socket A (Supports up to XP 2600+ 266fsb processor with most recent bios), VIA KT266A Chipset, Support for up to 1.5 GB of System memory, AGP 4X slot, 6 PCI slots, AC-97 Audio Codec, 3 184 pin DIMM sockets for DDR, CPU ratio and Front Side Bus speed set via BIOS- FSB can be set in 1 MHz increments- good overclocker, 4 channel USB (2 ports on a back-plate connector), etc, etc, etc. Has original box, manual and most of the accessories.
    Avg Ebay Selling Price: $30 plus S&H
    Note: Chipset cooling fan is dead and removed, but many other boards with same chipset released at same time had no fan, and many argued it was redundant. I have the fan if you would like to replace it.

Reviews:
    http://www.baznet.freeserve.co.uk/EP-8KHA+-page1.htm
    (note there is a HTML error in this review, and on page 6 you ahve to enter page 7 manuall as the link goes to page 7 of a different review, lol)
    http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjQ5
    http://www.cpu3d.com/review/ep8kha_2/
    ** When this board was released in early 2002, it won rave reviews, top scores and awards from many major websites.

AMD Socket A XP 1800+ 266fsb processor
    1.53gig processor.
    Avg Ebay Selling price: $40 plus S&H

2 sticks of 256 meg Crucial DDR ram
    DDR PC2100, CL=2.5, Unbuffered, Non-parity, 2.5V, 32Meg x 64, Model CT3264Z265.16T
    Current New Price: $85 plus S&H.

PC Power & Cooling "Silencer" Processor Fan & Heatsink
    Current New Price: $15 plus S&H.

Package Price : Take everything for $120 shipped. Motherboard, Processor, 512 megs name-brand ram, processor heatsink and fan. All items tested, currently working fine, no DOA guarantee. Shipped FEDEX insured.

Add a case and drives, and you have a good, name brand, 1.5 gig 512meg of ram system using genuine AMD XP (their A-list series), Top of the Line Crucial RAM and a silencer processor fan!

Will throw in a Zerus 2 fan drive bay cooler (drive bay sized box with 2 80mm fans that pulls HUGE volumes of air into your PC case).

[email protected]

Good trader here on htf, positive Ebay feedback, well know cable supplier (cables.musicianassist.com) etc, etc, etc.

-Vince

PS: I have several ATX computer cases I'd like to sell cheap- if you're looking for cases, drop me a line.

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

PS: I have an offer to part it out, although if I have to split it up I would rather do:

Mobo/Proc/Fan/Heatsink: $60.00 shipped
    2 stick Crucial DDR RAM: $60.00 shipped

I will only do this if I can find someone who wants each half.

3. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Vince,

YGM.

Edit: You have 2 mails from me; just noticed the new message you posted.

Doug

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Doug,

Back at ya. I can't take paypal, but absolutely give first priority to anyone wanting the whole package at $120.

-Vince

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Sold...

Amazing, even on a weekend. [​IMG]

6. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

hehe, congrats Vince...btw, I emailed you a few days ago, just making sure that you got my email.

7. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Joe,

I did, waiting to get his info- i'll be in touch tomorrow.

-Vince