What's new

***SOLD*** FS: SVS Prime Elevation Speakers ***SOLD*** (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hello HTF members. I have a total of 6 SVS Prime Elevation speakers available for sale. They are gently [less than 2 years] used and in excellent condition. Having just installed in-ceiling speakers, I simply have no further use for these.

I have all of the original mounting hardware, documentation and boxes. These currently retail for $199.00 [$398.00/pair] direct from SVS. I will sell them only in pairs with each pair going for $250.00 plus actual shipping. If anyone wants all 6, I will sell them for $700.00 plus actual shipping. If you're interested and within 50 miles of ATL, we can discuss local pickup.

Paypal is my preferred payment method.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Prime Elevations Front.JPG
    Prime Elevations Front.JPG
    664.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Prime Elevations Rear.JPG
    Prime Elevations Rear.JPG
    742.9 KB · Views: 200

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looking at these for elevation speakers. What did you think of the build and sonic quality?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Looking at these for elevation speakers. What did you think of the build and sonic quality?
Greetings! They're an excellent choice assuming you can mount them correctly. I had them high and to the side which [while better than nothing] wasn't the proper placement for Atmos. If your room allows them to be placed overhead as recommended by Dolby labs I think you'll be very happy with them.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks. Unfortunately, putting ceiling speakers in my living room, which has a relatively high clearance, isn't feasible I was thinking wall mounting speakers similar to these would be an option; although, I would end with some somewhat unsightly speaker wire runs due to the living room walls being outside perimeter walls. Can't do in-wall wiring.

The basement rumpus room, where I wanted to put in a theater room only has a 7 to 8' ceiling height, so not sure how effective ceiling speakers would be. I'm kind of stalled on that project. Not sure where to start on reconfiguring that area Can't decide if that whole area would have to torn out, since the floor is linoleum on plywood over a 2x4 frame The walls are wood paneling. Not even sure it would be an effective room as it is only about 12 X 16.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
The basement rumpus room, where I wanted to put in a theater room only has a 7 to 8' ceiling height, so not sure how effective ceiling speakers would be. I'm kind of stalled on that project. Not sure where to start on reconfiguring that area Can't decide if that whole area would have to torn out, since the floor is linoleum on plywood over a 2x4 frame The walls are wood paneling. Not even sure it would be an effective room as it is only about 12 X 16.

My ceiling is 8 ft. That's pretty common in residential construction. I use RSL C34E's and they sound great for Atmos and even football games.

If my math is correct then your room is probably about 1536 cu ft. Mine is only a little larger at 1832 cu ft. While I would prefer it a bit bigger, we work with what we have. I'm sure you can turn it into something truly amazing if you're so inclined.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My ceiling is 8 ft. That's pretty common in residential construction. I use RSL C34E's and they sound great for Atmos and even football games.

If my math is correct then your room is probably about 1536 cu ft. Mine is only a little larger at 1832 cu ft. While I would prefer it a bit bigger, we work with what we have. I'm sure you can turn it into something truly amazing if you're so inclined.

Yep. Just have to get off the pot and start planning something. Money has a.lot.to do.with it too. I'm cheap when it comes to things other than electronics. 😄

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The basement rumpus room, where I wanted to put in a theater room only has a 7 to 8' ceiling height, so not sure how effective ceiling speakers would be.
As John stated, I see no reason that wouldn't produce excellent results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks