What's new

**FS SVS CS Subwoofer** (1 Viewer)

karl_burns

Stunt Coordinator
Here is my conversation with the seller. I have removed the e-mails addresses of both parties for privacies sake. I will not post the las comment from the seller.
Judge for yourself. Please start chronologically at the bottom.
Thanks!
Karl

----- Original Message -----
To: seller
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: SVS

I gotta admit, that's even ruder than insulting me. I will post this conversation on-line for others to judge whether or not they want to deal with you.

Best of luck,

Karl

To: buyer
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:48:48 -0400

Karl

I have not been able to get any reply to sell my processor or amp yet. PLease look for another deal. I don't know when I will be able to sell my processor and amp. The reason is if I sell the subwoofer first then I have nothing to listen to and that's why I want to get rid of processor and amp first.

Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 5:54 PM

I've got a late lunch to attend tomorrow, and I'm picking up two people returning from London about 4:30pm Sunday. Are you available in the late morning, like 10:00 or so? If not, when?

Karl

Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:52:57 -0400

Karl

Let's wait till June 5th. I am selling all my hometheater and as of now I am trying to get rid of my amp and speakers and subwoofer last so let's wait.

Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 1:25 AM

Tan,

OK, so now I am getting insulted. Look, I am interested in purchasing this item. Are you interested in selling?

Unfortunately, after Monday I have no time available until Sunday June 5th. I am preparing for the CFA exam, and only 1/3 of the people taking this annual exam actually pass. It requires 400+ hours of preparation, and it's crunch time. My exam is all day Saturday.....

Thank you,

Karl

Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 23:55:08 -0400

Karl

Are you ready to buy or just shop around?

Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 11:52 PM

Hi Tan,

Yes, I've heard a two 16-46 sub system with a Samson 1000 watt amp. It was great. I just will not purrchase something "used" from someone I do not know without a warranty if I can't spend 5 minutes with it to test it out. If you feel that is too much to ask, then I'm sorry.

And unfortunately my schedule on Monday is not to be outside of Boston at 1:00pm. Sorry man, just a bad week..... Let me know if you're at all amenable to change.

Thank you,

Karl

Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 21:31:40 -0400

Karl

Have you ever heard of this kind of SVS subwoofer because you sound to me that you need to test it out. People who heard of this kind of subwoofer doesn't even need to test it out. It is one of the best. I think I have to move on to the next buyer. I don't mean to insult you or anything. Thanks

Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 9:24 PM

I've gotta be downtown from 1200pm until 11:00pm unfortunately. I will bring three DVDs and check out the bass response on specifc scene (ie pod-racing in Star Wars Episode I, LOTR oliphants, etc.) Should take about 5-10 minutes.

The Marantz amp? I don't know much about it..... I'll check it out when I drop by.

Any time earlier than 1:00pm by chance?

Thanks!

Karl

Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:42:06 -0400

Karl

I would say in the afternoon like 1PM . Do yo need an amp? and how do you test it out??

Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 7:19 PM

Is there any way I could test it out Monday? Say 10:00am or so? Let me know what time works for you.

Thanks!

Karl Burns

Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 01:04:43 -0400

Medford is very close to me Chelsea. It is a CS line passive 16-46 which is go the lowest. You need an amp to run it. I am running it with my Marantz MA-700 at 200 watts per channel but for now I am selling all my hometheater

Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 12:36 AM
Subject: SVS

Hello Tan Ng:

I tried sending you a private message, but I'm interested in the sub. Which series is it again?
I live around the corner from you, in Medford.
Karl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks