What's new

FS: SVS 20-39PC Cylinder Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Michael_V

Second Unit
Yes, it is powered. The "PC" is for "powered cylinder."
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Here is an excerpt from the SVS website:

What makes the SVS PC-type subwoofers so unique? Well, besides being packed with components normally only found in subs costing thousands more, is the fact only SVS figured out how to take a state of the art “plate amp” and mount it flush, safe and secure in the nicest looking and best built cylinder subwoofer in the world. Countless designs were tested and what finally made the cut was something so robust, so effective and so elegant that SVS simply had to build it. All the advantages of a subwoofer cylinder, with the convenience of an “all in one”, built-in amp.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm glad I live in upstate New York...or else I'd be explaining to my wife how this big cylinder got in the living room--and what it's doing there.

Good luck, Michael!

InQuiZ8iV

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
New here; waited to be validated to respond to this thread:

Are you willing to ship the sub, Michael?

Regards,

Mike

Michael_V

Second Unit
Hey, Mike! Welcome to HTF!

I would be willing to ship but you would have to pay the shipping/packing costs, which I bet would come to $150 or so. Might not be worth it. Where are you located?

InQuiZ8iV

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hi Michael~

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm in Wisconsin, and from my calcs this sub is about 75lbs - maybe 80lbs fully packed and protected. Is that correct?

If so, the shipping should be in the $75-$90 range. Can you verify this by you?

Regards,

Mike

Michael_V

Second Unit
The weight sounds about right. I can get a shipping estimate for you if you want. UPS okay? There would also be packing costs as my wife threw out the box when we moved. :frowning: Maybe $25-30 more? I'd have to get a quote on that, too. Sure you don't just want to take a break from the cold and drive down to sunny Florida to pick it up instead???
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

InQuiZ8iV

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
Ha - I'd love to. I've been in Florida twice in the last month, but flew both times: the drive is brutal.

I've basically concluded what you did: the cost of the sub plus the shipping likely wouldn't make it worth it (I don't know a ton about subwoofers, but perceived the one you have as a good one).

I went ahead and picked up a BIC Acoustech VK-12 from Amazon.com: Bic America VK-12 12-Inch 1000-Watt Kevlar Series Front-Firing Powered Subwoofer: Electronics . I'm not sure how it stacks up against the SVS 20-39PC (isn't it the same as the PC Plus? I think so: I don't see any reference to a 20-39PC anywhere), but it's gotten rave reviews for the money, so we'll see.

That isn't to say that I'm not still interested in your sub (I actually need two for different applications) - but I do want to see how this BIC performs once I get it.

Is your SVS powered by a 545 watt amp?

Regards,

Mike

Michael_V

Second Unit
Wow, lots of interest in shipping this subwoofer but that would cost a ton. No one lives close enough to North Florida (Georgia, Alabama) to pick this up? Great sub at a great price!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks