What's new

FS: Sunfire pre/pro, Sony LCD projector, Toshiba DVD player, Technics receiver (1 Viewer)

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
All items with original remote and manuals - used in smoke-free rooms, by original owner. Shipping from 94610 zip code.

Sunfire Theater Grand I pre-pro: $700 + shipping

Sony W400Q LCD projector - native 16x9 panels, accepts 1080i, bulb has less than 950 hours on it: $650 + shipping

Toshiba 2109 DVD player: $40 + shipping

Technics SA-AX720 receiver and SH-AC500 digital surround processor: $80 + shipping

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
The Sunfire is a terrific pre/pro - I'm selling only b/c I upgraded to a pre/pro with 6-channel analog inputs for SACD. Original MSRP was over $3000.

The Sony LCD projector is a very cheap way to have front projection and display HDTV until native HD displays are affordable - original MSRP was over $3000.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Tell me something about the inputs/outputs of the Sunfire Theater Grand. Do you also have the original box and packing? Any trouble with it? In good/excellent physical/mechanical/electrical condition? Anything else you care to share?

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
I'll have to look - I think I still have the original box. It's in excellent shape, and everything works (only replacing it for a pre/pro with 5.1 analog inputs for SACD surround). I ran a HD Motorola HD tuner/DVR, a CD jukebox, a SACD changer (in 2-channel only), and a DVD player through it. It has balanced outputs, has a phono input (which is rare) has 7 AV inputs, 5 analog audio inputs, and 5 digital audio inputs.

If you have no interest or need for hi-rez format analog inputs (other than stereo, which is can accommodate), this is an outstanding pre-pro - always worked like a champ.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
I have the original box.

From the website:
http://www.sunfire.com/TheaterGrandIV.htm

"Since Bob Carver's entry into the home theater A/V preamp market years ago with the highly-acclaimed and award winning Sunfire Theater Grand, Bob and his team have kept busy cooking up new ways to improve the design. The amazing Theater Grand II and III that followed were huge successes; the new version IV adds even more features and new styling.

Like its predecessors, the Theater Grand IV is foremost an audiophile-grade preamplifier. Bob and his team designed it to produce a warm and engaging soundstage - both your movie and music soundtracks will be smooth and dynamic."

My Theater Grand looks essentially the same from the front, and the input and output layouts on the back look nearly identical, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks