FS : STR-DA4ES Sony ES

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Alain_P, May 21, 2003.

1. Alain_P

Alain_P Auditioning

Time to say good bye to my beloved 4ES. This is my annual upgrade fever. Mint condition. Was running as a preamp. Got all original box, remote, manual. $540+ shipping. The replacement is already in the rack...

2. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

I've noticed that many people who sell their Sony ES receivers at HTF mention that they only use them as preamps. I am interested in Sony ES receivers--the 4ES in particular, Alain--but I am starting to wonder if I am missing some key detail about their capabilities.

Also, is your price in Canadian or US currency?

3. Zak Ruck

Zak Ruck Stunt Coordinator

I'd buy that in a minute if my Preamp was sold. You wouldn't care to trade would you? I'm selling my Audio Refinement Pre2 DSP. Love the ES receivers.

Zak

4. Alain_P

Alain_P Auditioning

Price in US(c'mon guys...) Still a deal. i will not trade cause the Elite 47TX has replaced the Sony(not a whole world of difference but i wanted to try THX Ultra2 and the MCA calibration). I have been running my receivers as preamps since preouts became common thing a few years ago.Let me think Sony ES 777, Onkyo 797, Denon 2802, Sony DA4ES and now Pioneer 47TX. Hope wife is not reading this. 47TX is my last receiver for a while...this time its true...OK who wants my 4ES which is in temporarily retirement?

5. Alain_P

Alain_P Auditioning

My 4ES wants you to know it feels lonely sitting on the shelf...

6. Chad Anson

Chad Anson Second Unit

Dang, where were you two weeks ago when I bought my new 4es? My room isn't done yet, but in the testing I've done, I'm really liking the 4es.

7. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    YGM!

8. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

Yeah, where were you 2 weeks ago? I got a 4ES then and am really lovin it.

9. Alain_P

Alain_P Auditioning

What can I say. I really loved my 4ES, still do but i fell for a sexier model. At my age i could simply not resist. This happened 10 days ago. Love at first sight. I am overwhelmed with guilt for cheating on my 4ES. I am convinced it will build itself a new life in a different house and family. I really want to enjoy this good feeling with the new one. Help me !

10. Matt Perkins

Matt Perkins Stunt Coordinator

Is this still available? I'm sorta on the fence whether I want this or the 2ES.

11. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

I think alot of people debate over the 4ES and 5ES but I think the 4ES is better in all aspects.