FS: Sony VAIO Digital Studio PC (RX580) DVD-RW, P4 1.8Ghz,512MB RAM, lots of software

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael D. Bunting, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Sony Vaio Digital Studio PC
    Burn your own DVD's - Edit Home Movies

[​IMG]

*Please Note: Monitor is NOT Included

Windows XP Home Edition
    Intel Pentium 4 1.80 GHz CPU
    512 MB RAM
    80 GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive
    13 GB WD Hard Drive (I added this Hard Drive myself, for even more storage)
    400 MHz Front Side Bus
    DVD-RW Drive
    High Speed Internet Ready w/ 10Base-T/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet
    Front accessible i.LINK (IEEE1394) Firewire (1) and USB ports (2)
    Front accessible Memory Stick slot
    Front accessible 3.5" Floppy Drive
    4X AGP 3D Graphics Hardware Acceleration (nVIDIA TNT2 M64)
    32MB Video Memory (SDRAM)
    Programmable VAIO Smart Keyboard
    V.90 Compatibale data/fax modem
    Wheel Mouse
    External Stero Speakers

Its handsome minitower case has ash-gray sides and a burnished-silver finish on the front and top panels, with lilac accent stripes on each side. The Sony optical drives have rounded silver front plates that match the color of the system. A door hides the floppy drive and a slot for Memory Stick flash memory, and another door conceals two USB ports and one IEEE 1394 (Firewire)port. You'll find two more USB and IEEE 1394 connections on the back of the system. The rear ports are meticulously labeled, which should help eliminate confusion during setup.

This system comes loaded with several goodies for enjoying digital media. Its generous software bundle includes Adobe Premiere 6.0 LE and Sony's MovieShaker video-editing software, plus Adobe's excellent Photoshop Elements. Think you'll never fill this system's 80GB hard drive? Capturing digital video footage will test its limits, and the 2X/1X/2X DVD-RW and 8X/4X/24X CD-RW combination drive will let you become your own movie distributor. This drive not only allows you to copy data, it also lets you create DVD movies that will play in any set-top DVD-ROM player. The system has an 20X-40X CD-ROM drive, too.

Full PCV-RX580 Specs

VAIO Digital Studio PC USER GUIDE

In addition to all the original Bundled Software and System Restore & Application Restore CD's that came with the Sony RX580, I am including the following Software:

Microsoft Office XP Professional (A $579.00 value!!!!)
    Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Front Page,...

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (A $609.00 value!!!!)

Microsoft Streets & Trips 2002 (A $45.00 value!!!!)

CyberLink POWER DVD XP (A $49.95 value!!!!)

Video Games:

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project (Total Mutant Mayhem)
    Morrowind: The Elder Scrolls III
    Games Collection: Sum of All Fears, Serious Sam, more... (7 games total on 1 CD)

It works perfectly fine (and fast!) once it boots up. It does seem to take 3-4 minutes booting up recently, but this is the only annoyance/problem I have ever had with this computer whatsoever. I have not really troubleshooted this occurence as of yet - it may be something that is easily fixed (I'm not sure? As I'm not very good with Computers!). I will configure this computer as brand-new, with everything (all software) freshly installed. Computer is sold as is. All sales final.

I will include all original documentation and software, as well as the software listed above. I also have the original Sony box, and will ship everything double-boxed to your door via UPS Ground with Insurance.

Please contact me for further details or if you have any questions whatsoever. I will be posting more actual photos of this Computer here in this thread later today.

Computer was originaly purchased from Best Buy on 10/26/2001 for $1749.99 (And this was without all the software listed above!!!) I will include the original mechandise receipt also (if you want it).

The software alone would cost you almost $1300.00 !!!!

My asking Price today is: $1000.00 Shipped for everything, computer & software!

The reason I'm trying to sell this is to purchase something else...or I should say to help with purchasing something else: A Nissan 350Z [​IMG]

I am a "Gold Trader" here on the HTF and my ebay feedback is imacculate (+18) id: mdbunting

Please contact me with any and all questions/concerns.

[email protected]

2. Michael D. Bunting

Michael
  3. Michael D. Bunting

Michael
    Off the market for the moment - I may not be selling this afterall.

I will post back here if I decide to continue this sale.