FS: Sony TA-E9000ES preamp, Parasound Amp, Paradigm speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Mueller, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Brian Mueller

Well, since Christmas is approaching it's time to sell off some equipment to pay for the upgrades. [​IMG] I thought I'd post these here for a few days before I post them on Ebay. I think the prices are fair based on my research, but I'd be willing to negotiate on a package deal.
    Here's what I've got:
    * Sold * Sony TA-E9000ES preamplifier/processor $500. It's in perfect condition except for the little LED in the volume knob that went out in the first month. I liked it better that way so I never bothered to get it fixed, but it should still be under warranty and there's a Sony service center right down the road, so I could get it fixed for you if it's a big enough deal for you to be worth the wait. I think the firmware is version 1.18C, but I can't remember how to check it. Purchased December 1998 - I think the balance of the 5-year warranty may be transferrable, but I can't make any guarantees on that. Pictures: Large Small
    The infamous 2-way touchscreen remote is included, and works as well as it ever did (which isn't saying much). I would recommend you pick up the upgrade kit with the new remote (the unit is priced with this in mind) or just use a Pronto like I always did.
    Parasound HCA-806 6-channel amplifier $500. 80 watts per channel RMS into 8 ohms (can be bridged to 80/80/180/180), rack mountable. Excellent condition. Purchased December 1998. Pictures: Large Small
    * Sold * Paradigm Mini-Monitor speakers $150 for the pair. Some minor veneer damage on the edges, most of it is on the back. They work perfectly. Purchased May 2000. Pictures:Large Small
    * Sold * Paradigm CC-350 center channel speaker[/b] $200. Mint condition. This was the top end monitor series center channel at the time I bought it (I think the CC-370 is the current model). Purchased May 2000. Pictures: Large Small
    * Sold * Paradigm Monitor 9 speakers $400 for the pair. Good condition - the veneer on one of the corners has separated very slightly, and the grill cloth has developed a bit of "sweater fuzz". Functionally the speakers are mint. Purchased May 2000. Pictures: Large Small
    Note on the pictures: what appears to be damage is just camera reflection, except as mentioned above.
    Buyer pays shipping. Money orders and Paypal-bank draft preferred, if you need to use a personal check or Paypal-credit card let me know and we'll work something out. Satisfaction guaranteed.

2. Costas

Costas Extra

YGM

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    might be interested in the Center Channel...is it the Monitor Series CC?? can you post a pic w/o the grilles?

4. Brian Mueller

It was the top model in the Monitor series until they replaced it with the CC-370. Here's a pic without the grills. Let me know if it quits showing up, since I may be losing my web space in a few days.
    No Grill

5. Brian Mueller

Everything is gone now but the Parasound amp, I've dropped the price to $500. I'll leave it up for a few more days then it's off to Ebay.