FS: Sony SVR-2000 TiVo hacked for network access

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by DougFND, Jan 31, 2005.

1. DougFND

DougFND Second Unit

I have a Sony SVR-2000 standalone TiVo for sale. I've hacked the unit for ftp and telnet access. All you need to do is plug in a TurboNet or AirNet card from 9thtee.com and add it to a network with a DHCP server. If you wish, I can install the network card for you and/or upgrade the hard drive space for only the cost of the hardware, no labor.

The unit works perfectly. It is in excellent cosmetic condition and comes in the original box with the remote and manuals.

I'm asking $150.00, plus $15.00 for FedEx Ground shipping with insurance. PayPal only, please. Network card and hard drives are extra, of course.

A subscription to the TiVo service is not required to use this unit. That is not included in the sale. The cost for the TiVo service is currently $12.95/month or $299 for a lifetime subscription.

I also have a Sony SAT-T60 DirecTiVo for sale here .

Please reply in the thread, PM or e-mail with questions.

2. DougFND

DougFND Second Unit

Forgot to mention that this comes with the stock hard drive which provides up to 32 hours of recording.

3. DougFND

DougFND Second Unit

Last bump before eBay...

4. Tony+C

Tony+C Auditioning

How does it work without the tivo service. I'm intrested btw. Also does it have to use an active cable connection? For instance: if I don't have a cable connection to the internet but do have the wiring is that all I need?

5. DougFND

DougFND Second Unit

I don't believe it will function properly without the TiVo service. All you would be able to do is pause, rewind, fast-forward and instant-replay live TV. You would not be able to record and save programs, set Season Passes, Wishlists, etc.

As for the network stuff, you do not need an internet connection. You could just hook it up to your internal network. If it has a static address, I believe you could just use a crossover cable to connect it directly to your PC. It is presently configured to grap an IP address from a DHCP server. It can be given a static address, but I personally have not done that yet. My firewall/router does DHCP, so I don't have to worry about static addresses.