What's new

FS: Sony SDP-EP9ES DD decoder (1 Viewer)

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
Sony SDP-EP9ES Dolby Digital Decoder
- Unit is in excellent condition with original box, manual and remote control. This is a Stereophile Guide to Home Theater recommended component. It can also function as a digital pre-amp. Features include:
- 5.1 channel bypass
- 3 toslink inputs
- 1 coax digital input
- 1 AC-3 RF input w/ RF demodulator
- 1 digital out
- remote control
- adjustable crossovers from 120Hz - 60Hz for all speakers
- equalizer
- Sony Digital Cinema Sound
- master volume control

- new $800.00
- Price $250.00

Buyer pays all shipping and insurance from Tampa, FL. I will accept PayPal, money order or personal check (please allow 7 days for personal check to clear). Best offer will be considered. If you have any questions regarding any of the equipment please e-mail me.

Thanks,
Jerry

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
I used to own one of these. It has smoked every other component I have had (Sony TAE9000ES preamp, HK Signature 2.0 preamp, Marantz SR7000 Receiver) with the exception of my current Lexicon DC1 (nearly identical DD5.1) performance. This is a great price for what would be an awesome building block for a separates home theater!

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
I agree that it truly is a great processor. A friend of mine is using his 9ES as a pre-amp and it works great. I will consider offers on it.

Jerry

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Matt...sorry to be a stickler, but one of the forum rules is:

Under No Circumstances is anyone to reply to a post suggesting that the item can be found cheaper elsewhere. That is the responsibility of the purchaser to look for the best deal - not for forum members to point out. Members are trying to sell their items in a safe environment without fear of others trying to undercut their sales.

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
Does this unit pass the DD signal through the digital output? I.E. A laser disc player hooked up via RF?

Thanks,
Aaron

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
AaronD,
I am pretty sure that it can function as a stand alone demod. I am not 100% sure. I will check it out and get back to you. It does appear that the sony sdp-e800 which is the 9ES little brother can do this. I would imagine that the 9ES could too.

Jerry

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Man...I need a demod too...too bad I already spent my money on your LDs, Jerry :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Haha...yah, but after a Tosh 5700 DVD Player and a Sony DA3ES reciever in the last week...my credit card is in hiding :)

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I have found out that the EP9ES can definately be used as just an RF demodulator using it's digital out. I hope that this helps.

Jerry

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
...and with a Radio Shack 15-1242 (analog to digital converter can also upgrade composite video to S-VHS video) and an AV switcher (for analog source switching) this will allow this to used as a surround processor that should rival most of the budget pre-amps as mentioned above (I use a Technics SH-AC500D in a similar situation, much better than most AVRs). A very good entry to piece toward separates though one might need to pick up either a DPL pre-amp (or AVR), ADA 6.1, or Parasound to get the center rear effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks