FS: Sony MDR-DS5100 Wireless Headphones, DD, DTS

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by EdAngell, Mar 11, 2004.

1. EdAngell

EdAngell Stunt Coordinator

I had gotten these for a gift last year when I was living in an apartment and I didn't want to disturb the neighbors at night watching movies. I swear I used to take them off and make sure that the regular speakers weren't on because they sounded so good and I was sure I was rattling the walls! [​IMG]

Anyway, I now own my own house and that's not an issue anymore, so I'm looking to pass them on to someone who might be able to take advantage of them.

Specs can be found here

I still have the original box, manual, optical cable, charger, batteries, etc. They retail for $499 if you can find them, I'd like to get $225. I will include Fedex Ground shipping (insured) to lower 48 states. PayPal is preferred.

Thanks for looking!

2. EdAngell

**bump with price reduction**

3. EdAngell

**bump with price reduction**

I'm going in for surgery in 3 weeks and will be out of commission for about a month and would like to get a video game system with the proceeds of this sale to keep me company.

Anyone?

4. Steven J. Hurst

What is the battery life on the headsets? I have tried similar headphones (not these) and found the sound a little hollow, can you say that these do not have any of that quality. I am more concerned with sound quality the volume.

Thank You,
    Steve

5. EdAngell

Steve,

Honestly, I haven't actually measured the life of the batteries from start to finish, but I know I've made it through 2 movies in a row without a problem and they were still going strong when I turned them off for the night.

I used to, as a habit, throw the batteries back in the charger when I was done with them for the night so they'd always be fresh. I don't think battery life is an issue.

As for sound quality, I swear these things sound awesome. I really did take them off to see if the speakers were on in the room because they sounded THAT good.

When I originally asked for them as a gift, I had done extensive research into different brands and models, and the Sony's came up with the best bang for the buck. The reviews I had seen all seemed more than satisfied with the audio quality, and when I got them I agreed.

Speaking to the issue of "hollow" sounding, I'm not sure I know exactly what you are asking. If you mean does it sound like you are listening to a couple of tin cans over your ears, then no, I didn't find them to sound like that at all. I found them quite pleasant and full. Also, because they are so light, you can wear them for hours and forget you even have them on.

Another benefit that I never ended up taking advantage of is that you can buy extra headsets for other people in the same room to listen to off of the same transmitter (for like $100).

Ed

6. EdAngell

*****Sold*****

Thanks for looking.