FS: Sony KL-W9000 16x9 LCD 50in. display

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rufuss C. Kingston, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Rufuss C. Kingston

Rufuss C. Kingston Auditioning

Sony KL-W9000 16x9 50inch 480p LCD monitor. Great for DVD's and HDTV using VGA input or S-video. Mint condition. Located in West Los Angeles by LAX. Just over 3 years out of the box. Low hours on original bulb. No Fog. Very light at only 103 pounds and not very deep. Original MSRP was over $5000 once upon time. This set is no longer made but the specs are available in japanese at the following URL: http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer...eral/DataProj/
    Asking $1100
    email me at [email protected]
    [​IMG]

2. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

I own one of these sets and can say that it is a remarkable monitor. Rufuss actually understated the original retail price: it was $15k.

By the way, Rufuss: did you ever find a place that sells cheap replacement bulbs? They last a long time, but I'd like to pick up a spare or two.

3. Chris Derby

Chris Derby Second Unit

what would it take to get a progressive dvd signal into one of these?

4. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

All units came with two VGA inputs--I believe later units also were fitted with component inputs.

5. Anthony GT

Anthony GT Stunt Coordinator

I have one of these and it's great.

It will accept a RGB signal through either VGA port. If you don't have a DVD player that outputs RGB you'll need a transcoder(that's what I'm using) to convert the Component signal.

Anthony