What's new

FS: Sony HIL-2CEX Laserdisc player (Hi-Vision HDTV and NTSC playback) (1 Viewer)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
This player does it all!
Features
  • Playback of NTSC laserdiscs (12" and 8")
  • Playback of Hi-Vision HDTV laserdiscs (email for more info)
  • Digital audio output
  • Superb NTSC Y/C separation (best picture you'll see out of the LD format, blows Pioneer U.S. Elite models away)
  • Auto-reverse, plays both sides of the laserdisc
  • Gold finish, looks high-end (well, it is!)
  • Composite, S-Video, and MUSE (Hi-Vision HDTV) outputs
  • Originally listed for Y298,000 yen (~$2,800 USD)
  • Weighs ~ 30 pounds
  • Total usuage around 35 hours
  • Includes original remote
Will include the HDTV Hi-Vision Close Encounters of the Third Kind: Special Edition with this player. I have other Hi-Vision discs available to the buyer of this unit (including Lawerence of Arabia
sony_hil-c2ex_front.jpg

This player is optimized for the best reproduction of video from laserdiscs, and thus these units do NOT play back compact disc audio discs. It uses a 670nm red-laser diode for playback vs. the inferior 780nm infra-red laser diodes used in all non-Hi-Vision laserdisc players (including the Pioneer Elite models). Better tracking, superior image. You haven't experienced laserdiscs full potential until you've seen the image through one of the elite Hi-Vision players (Sony, Pioneer HLD-X9/X0)
This unit is auto-reverse, but does not have an AC-3 RF out.
This unit ships with the Sony MSC-3000 Hi-Vision HDTV (MUSE analog) decoder which outputs a 1080i equivalent signal through YPbPr component video or RGB+HV.
Sony_HIL-C2EX.jpg

Why spend $2,000 for a Pioneer HLD-X9 when the Sony HIL-C2EX puts out just as good NTSC picture.
Asking $1495 for the package.
Please email for more information: [email protected]

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I HAVE ANOTHER UNIT AVAILABLE w/MUSE DECODER - Please re-read the description
Moving to the top

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks