1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Sony DVP-S3000 DVD Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eddie B., Feb 10, 2002.

1. Eddie B.

Eddie B. Agent

Only one year in production. Was rated as high as, and in some cases higher than the reference 7000 player, esp. in video quality. It is in near mint condition. I am the original owner and have the original box, manual and remote. Asking $250 shipped. Please email with any questions. I'll be more than happy to answer them. [email protected]
    Thanks,
    Eddie

2. Eddie B.

Eddie B. Agent

Price reduced to $250 shipped.

Enjoy!

3. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

4. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

I used to own one of these also and can safely say it was a great player. It's been a while but I think Home Theater Magazine rated it a 90 overall when it first came out.

5. Eddie B.

Eddie B. Agent

When I purchased this player a few years ago, I had read one or two reviews that put this player above the 7000, esp. in video quality. The d/a converters are different, but even in blind tests, most could not tell the difference.

I could not find any links, except on audioreview.com.

There are about eight or nine of these reviews from consumers that claim that these two players are pretty equal. And from these eight, there are three or four that state that the 3000 was reviewed as high as if not higher than the 7000. One even talked to a sony representative that gave the same testimony.

This player wasn't even on the market for one year because it performed as equally as, and in some reviews, higher than it's older brother, the 7000.

6. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

I own the same unit and have had notta one problem ever with it. Has played every single disc I've ever thrown at it.

As far as the review I remember that it was in Stereophile Guide to Home Theater", they said they thought the video performance surpassed that of the S7000 due to the lack of the extra video processing circuit in the 7000, a cleaner signal path. I don't remember which issue it was but it would have been 4-5yrs ago. Definitely a great piece!

7. Eddie B.

Eddie B. Agent

bump