FS: Sony 400Q LCD 16:9 Widescreen HDTV-Capable Projector

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Wayne Reibold, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Wayne Reibold

Wayne Reibold Stunt Coordinator

Hello all,

I am a long time HTF member. I purchased my Sony VPL-W400Q 16:9 widescreen LCD "A stock" front projector new from Medical Video Systems in February of 2000 (I'm the original owner). I have taken great care of the unit in my smoke free home including being meticulous about cleaning the filter and keeping a powerful HEPA air cleaner near the unit. The picture looks better than it ever has.

I've just finished expanding my home theater to a much larger screen in a room with lots of windows/sliders (difficult to control light) and bought an ultra high lumen projector to replace my trusty 400Q.

The present bulb has exactly 902 hours on it (and will remain there) and I will include a spare bulb with 498 hours on it. The bulb is rated at 3000 hours per Sony.

The projector does a jaw dropping job with 1080i HDTV (HDTV receiver needed) giving that "through the window" look on programming such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, sports and PBS shows and also looks very nice with DVD.

I have tweaked this unit in the service menu for optimal picture quality. Doing so brings the 400Q to a new level of picture quality vs. the factory settings. There are no "dead pixels" on the projector.

The 400Q, original remote, original manual, original service manual and spare bulb with 498 hours are included for $600 plus actual shipping cost. PayPal accepted.

Please check my feedback on eBay under WynsWrld98.

Also, I can e-mail you a picture I just took of the projector, remote and manuals if you like.

For detailed projector specifications: http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/w400q_faq.shtml

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. Scott McC.@home

just wondering, but what res does this run at?

3. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

Its 1068x480. The best thing about this PJ is the delta pixel pattern that Sony used. This pixel pattern is supposed to nearly eliminate the screen door effect. Oddly, as effective as the delta pixel patter was, Sony has never used it on another PJ.

Nice PJ.

RG

4. Wayne Reibold

The projector will accept 480i and 1080i signals and the resolution stated matches my understanding of the specs. The staggered pixel configuration does wonders to reduce the "screen door" effect some people complain about LCD projectors.

5. CarlDais

CarlDais Stunt Coordinator

is there a price for this LCD PJ?

6. Wayne Reibold

Sorry, it's buried in all of my text above, the price is $600.

7. CarlDais

CarlDais Stunt Coordinator

yeah now I see it...

8. Wayne Reibold

It appears the projector is sold (payment on its way).