What's new

FS, SMART CS-3X EX decoder (1 Viewer)

GaryJ

Stunt Coordinator
SOLD******SOLD*******SOLD******SOLD*****SOLD

I have had this unit since new. I have the original box and manual. Works great for turning any system into an EX system. The subwoofer out is a great feature.
New they are $300.00 I am asking $150.00
Also have a B&K 6 channel amp that works well to create a quality EX system. The amp is a B&K AV6000. I have it in a separate ad for $600.00

Both items are plus shipping.

Here is some info from the Circle Surround site:

The same technology used in our CS-3X professional surround adapter to decode Surround EX™ soundtracks in commercial movie theatres around the world is now available in a special Home Theatre model optimized for HT systems. This universal adapter works with most present digital surround soundtracks and is easy to connect to your other components without having to abandon your processor and purchasing a new model that includes the additional processing.
The CS-3X produces a center surround channel from not only encoded signals but is surprisingly effective in steering "phantom" material to the center surround array. For many years movie producers have been adding this phantom channel into digital surround tracks to fill the hole in the middle, between the surround channels. You can now extract this signal and place it in the center surround system, making the surround sound much fuller and more discrete. That means you can use the CS-3X Jr. with almost any action movie that has full surround sound.
The CS-3X Jr. employs the patented "Circle Surround™" matrix system that decodes the channels with greater separation, and is not subject to the steering problems associated with the popular older matrix chip used in home equipment.
The unique subwoofer output allows you add a small subwoofer system to your surround channels to reinforce the bass signals on these channels.

GaryJ

Stunt Coordinator
To answer a couple of questions I have received. This is the Jr. model not the rack mount version. I will include shipping.

GJ

Users who are viewing this thread