What's new

FS: silver Rotel RSP-1066 pre/pro (1 Viewer)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Selling my silver RSP-1066. v2.25, 200MHZ video bandwith. Mint condition. Not a scratch. Bought on the 2002-10-19. Original box, manual, everything.

Would prefer someone in the Montréal or Ottawa region because I had some bad internet selling experiences. Shipping in Canada or US. Paypal payment or COD.

Asking 1500$ CDN. Buyer pay for all shipping costs.

I just bought an Anthem AVM20, that's why...

Frances_H

Stunt Coordinator
Lévesque,
congrats on the new Anthem, just curious, did you end up auditioning the 1098? If I remember correctly, we had some discussions on the merit of 1098. I was at one point had decided to check it out, but Rotel kept delaying the roll-out, so I gave in and went with B&K Reference 50. I did audition AVM20 too, and decided I like the sonic quality of the B&K better than the Anthem, both are great though! I still have the Rotel 1065 and it powers my second system.

Frances

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I went for the AVM20 over the Rotel for 4 reasons:

1) I was tired of waiting for the RSP-1098.

2) No balanced XLR outputs. Big low down for me (my house is full of ground problems and awful white noise...).

3) The Rotel is a new product = bugs for sure... And the BM fix for the RSP-1066 took 1 year to come! So I'm a little bit afraid...

4) The Anthem is a more "mature" product, with bug well identified and solve fast by Sonic Frontiers. I feel more confortable...

Frances_H

Stunt Coordinator
reasons 1 thru 3 are right on! XLR is definitely has to be available as an alternative at that price point (and it is obviously a make or break deal in your case). I went with Ref50 and AV125.7 (125X7)and XLR connectivity between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks