FS: silver Rotel RSP-1066 pre/pro

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Levesque, May 23, 2003.

1. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

Selling my silver RSP-1066. v2.25, 200MHZ video bandwith. Mint condition. Not a scratch. Bought on the 2002-10-19. Original box, manual, everything.

Would prefer someone in the Montréal or Ottawa region because I had some bad internet selling experiences. Shipping in Canada or US. Paypal payment or COD.

Asking 1500$ CDN. Buyer pay for all shipping costs.

I just bought an Anthem AVM20, that's why...

2. Levesque

3. Frances_H

Frances_H Stunt Coordinator

Lévesque,
    congrats on the new Anthem, just curious, did you end up auditioning the 1098? If I remember correctly, we had some discussions on the merit of 1098. I was at one point had decided to check it out, but Rotel kept delaying the roll-out, so I gave in and went with B&K Reference 50. I did audition AVM20 too, and decided I like the sonic quality of the B&K better than the Anthem, both are great though! I still have the Rotel 1065 and it powers my second system.

Frances

4. Frances_H

EDIT: Duplicate....

5. Levesque

I went for the AVM20 over the Rotel for 4 reasons:

1) I was tired of waiting for the RSP-1098.

2) No balanced XLR outputs. Big low down for me (my house is full of ground problems and awful white noise...).

3) The Rotel is a new product = bugs for sure... And the BM fix for the RSP-1066 took 1 year to come! So I'm a little bit afraid...

4) The Anthem is a more "mature" product, with bug well identified and solve fast by Sonic Frontiers. I feel more confortable...

6. Frances_H

reasons 1 thru 3 are right on! XLR is definitely has to be available as an alternative at that price point (and it is obviously a make or break deal in your case). I went with Ref50 and AV125.7 (125X7)and XLR connectivity between the two.